Root Uninstaller

someoneiusedtolove

Baseband Member
I've used Root uninstaller to remove some applications but accidently i also removed dialer.apk and phone.apk . (phone storage.apk is still here).
After that my phone started vibrating and giving me errors as phone.apk is not responding and that the application needs to close.. I re-booted my phone and it was still the same.. I tried to call but it won't let me. It always gives me the same error over and over again. I installed an application onedialer.apk from google play and it's still the same. I tried to do a factory reset and i will get the error again. Also in the settings pannel - call settings is giving me the error. I don't know anymore what to do. I would need a real help.

My phone; Samsung Galaxy S - Gt i5500

Please help me

Last edited by a moderator:
Are you running a stock ROM or a custom ROM?

You'll need to download the same version of ROM you're currently running, extract the phone.apk and dialer.apk from the ROM, and then use ADB via your PC's command line to copy them to /system/app (I believe this is where they would be if not, then put them relative to where you extracted them from).

Are you running a stock ROM or a custom ROM?

You'll need to download the same version of ROM you're currently running, extract the phone.apk and dialer.apk from the ROM, and then use ADB via your PC's command line to copy them to /system/app (I believe this is where they would be if not, then put them relative to where you extracted them from).

Hm.. How do i know which one am i running.. I'm sorry i've never heard of it..

If you're not sure, then you're probably running a stock ROM.

You said you were rooted, correct?

Is there a "country code" at the end of your model number? Check under your battery for the model number; there should be string of letters following the I5500 part.

Here's a list of stock ROMs for your phone (I believe). We'll need to find out which one is the correct one, and then download then, and extract the files out.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1087402

Do you have ADB (Android Debugging Bridge) installed on your computer? If not, you'll need to install that, as well as the drivers for your phone.
http://developer.android.com/tools/help/adb.html

Last edited:
Is there a "country code" at the end of your model number? Check under your battery for the model number; there should be string of letters following the I5500 part.

Here's a list of stock ROMs for your phone (I believe). We'll need to find out which one is the correct one, and then download then, and extract the files out.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1087402

Do you have ADB (Android Debugging Bridge) installed on your computer? If not, you'll need to install that, as well as the drivers for your phone.
http://developer.android.com/tools/help/adb.html

I've downloaded both but it gets stuck at connecting .. I dont know anymore what to do.

What exactly did you download? And what exactly gets stuck at "connecting"?

I never said to use Odin..

You need to install ADB. Make sure ADB recognizes your phone (go to the folder you installed ADB in, and open a command prompt from there, if running Windows).

Then type:
adb devices

This should recognize your phone. If it doesn't, you need to make sure you have your drivers installed for your phone.

Then, have the 2 apk's you extracted from the stock ROM in the same folder as the ADB exe. Then you can push them to your phone:

adb push phone.apk /system/app
adb push dialer.apk /system/app

Reboot your phone and it should work.

Last edited:
What exactly did you download? And what exactly gets stuck at "connecting"?

I never said to use Odin..

You need to install ADB. Make sure ADB recognizes your phone (go to the folder you installed ADB in, and open a command prompt from there, if running Windows).

Then type:
adb devices

This should recognize your phone. If it doesn't, you need to make sure you have your drivers installed for your phone.

Then, have the 2 apk's you extracted from the stock ROM in the same folder as the ADB exe. Then you can push them to your phone:

adb push phone.apk /system/app
adb push dialer.apk /system/app

Reboot your phone and it should work.

Ops my mistake i downloaded just this ROM and i thought i downloaded a program ADB and it didn't work. I thought i downloaded program, but it was just a shortcut. My mistake, well now i'm downloading it.

Back
Top Bottom