Reviving Your Dead Zune

Status
Not open for further replies.

Osiris

Golden Master
Reviving Your Dead Zune

While the folks at Microsoft are “working on the problem” there are some folks that are taking matters into their own hands. A word of warning about this fix, cracking your Zune open to access the battery and hard drive will void your warranty. That may or may not concern some of you that just want to get your Zune working but I thought I would just point that out.

Follow Rapid Repair's guide to taking your Zune apart to step 4, so you have access to the hard drive and the battery. Disconnect BOTH the battery and hard drive, and then plug 'em back in. This apparently resets the Zune's internal clock, which brings it back to life. Put it back together, and it should be 100 percent again. (Assuming you don't screw it up.)

you know what would be nice? If we could buy a battery for the Zune so we could replace them when needed. For example, I got my daughter a pink Zune for Christmas, not only did it take overnight to charge fully but it also lost it's charge after about 45 minutes of use. Took it back to WalMart and exchanged it and the second one was worse, had it on the charger for at least 18hrs and it never reached full charge. If I could just open it up and replace the battery myself it would save alot of aggravation.

But I appreciate WalMart because not only did they accept an exchange on a product that had exceeded the 15 day return policy, they did so with no receipt as my g/f couldn't find it. I thought they were gonna tell us "sucks to be you." But they came through.

Only problem now is finding a WalMart that has a pink Zune 8gb that was made in 2008, both of the pink one's we have gone through were made in 07. So she's either gonna have to be patient until we can find a new pink one or accept one in another color.

You must have bad luck, because my Zune 30GB (uses a HDD that takes more power to run than flash-based) lasted me 6+ hours. Watched 2 movies, plus listened to music on the way to and from a trip. No charge time in between.

You must have bad luck, because my Zune 30GB (uses a HDD that takes more power to run than flash-based) lasted me 6+ hours. Watched 2 movies, plus listened to music on the way to and from a trip. No charge time in between.
That's how mine is, my daughters Zunes just were old and had sat there for a long time so the batteries were garbage. She ended up getting a black one and it's all good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom