Repairing scratched devices

Status
Not open for further replies.

CalcProgrammer1

Fully Optimized
I accidentally dropped my Axim onto concrete...it still runs but the silver plastic around it is all scratched up and if I can't fix it I need to get a new one. I was thinking if I can get it apart just sanding it down until it's smooth then painting it silver again, though I'd need something durable that wouldn't wear off. Anyone ever tried to re-finish a case?

You can do it, you just need to use good paint and lots of very hard varnish to stop it from scratching, but if it isnt effecting the operation of the device why honestly get a new one?

The thing's in terrible condition, scratched screen, dents all over it, worn off back...

I may see if I can take it apart and refinish the sides (has a silver edge around the screen)...I could try chrome paint and make it shiny too. I've seen a lot of people mod their Xbox 360 cases but I think the same things would apply to any plastic repair.

Ah fair enough didn't know it was that bad thought I was just a few small cosmetic scratches, the plastics fix can be done but it can take time to get it right I have in the past tried to fix the cases on phones and have seen a few of them end up worse for trying.

Electronics wise it runs fine, though the headphone jack is a bit loose, just the case. The rubber feet on the back fell off and I super glued them on though so I probably can't even get to the screws to take it apart.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom