Removing Motoblur from Atrix

Status
Not open for further replies.

iFargle

Linux / HPC / K8s SME
Staff member
So... My friend has an Atrix... And now he wants to know how to remove MotoBlur.. Apparently it really slows down the phone.. I've never personally used it, so I can't give him any instructions..

Can anyone share a link or a guide as to how to accomplish this?

Thank you :thumbsup:

You cant. All you can do is install a custom ROM or use one of the launchers. MotoBlur that comes with Gingerbread is far faster than anything you can replace it with. Unless he bought the phone before the Gingerbread update was released and he hasnt updated it in the past 2 months.

I'll let him know,. He's had it for a few months so that's probably the case :tongue:

Yeah make sure he updates to Gingerbread. That update was released about a month or 2 ago. But I can tell you from experience using the original MotoBlur that came with Froyo on there and the new Blur that comes with Gingerbread, the new one is far faster. I have installed GO Launcher, ADWLauncher EX, Launcher Pro and Launcher 7. They are all about the same speed as the new Blur interface is. The only benefit that they offer is that they are customizable. Meaning he can pick and choose icons and effects when using them. That maybe something he might want to consider. Since MotoBlur is locked down. But if he is just going for pure speed, then he wont get any real benefit other than installing a custom ROM on his phone.

I see. I really need to start messing with Android again... I know so little :tongue:

Also, just noticed something new...

"Posted from iPhone app" that's pretty neat :thumbsup:

Yeah with the update to the apps recently there was that addition. It wasnt seen in the old skin but it is present now. Still working on getting a few glitches out.

Messing with Android is 1 thing. But knowing how a specific device works is another. You know that just as good as anyone else. Having the Atrix myself I have inside knowledge of this specific topic. Cause I have messed with it extensively for months. I bought mine back in February myself and used it till last week when I started my Windows Phone experiment. I can say that the old Blur was nasty. I changed it almost instantly. But the new Blur with GB is decent. It is not as good as stock, but it is far better than it was. It is much snappier, responsive and quicker than it previously was. It looks better and gives you a much nicer feel about the device than previously.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom