Refurbished Apple Products Yay or Nay?

Status
Not open for further replies.

shenvoid01

In Runtime
Hello all I recently discovered that AT&T sells refubished iphones $100for the 4gb and 200 for the 8 gig.
Has anyone tried these? I heard refurbished apple products are a bad way to go. What do you think?

I try to stay away from refurbed gear. However, Apple replaced my iPhone because I was dropping calls. They didn't really need to because it was more likely a software issue than a hardware issue, but they wanted to make sure. Point is, it's really just luck of the draw. Whoever bought mine refurbed probably has a near new phone with no issues (once the firmware is updated). But you obviously can't pick and choose, so you could get a junker too. It really comes down to what the warranty is worth to you.

Man...I'm really not sure. It's always worth a try though. You never know what can happen. I know when I replaced my iPhone I asked them if it was a refurbed one they replaced it with and he looked at the numbers. He said I was lucky that it wasn't. I asked if there was any way to tell beforehand and he said no. You just never really know. BTW that was at the Apple Store, which is where I would ask if I were you.

I bought my Ipod touch refurbed from the Apple Store last summer and it's been great, 0 issues and the warranty was the same as a newone (1 year). As long as they give you the same warranty on it as a newproduct I don't see any issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom