Question regarding iPhone use on Wifi

redallover

Beta member
Hi,

Let me just start by saying that I'm not a very techie guy, I'm an average guy who isn't too bad on a computer but not great - I would like the assistance of somebody that considers themselves 'very techie', hence visiting this forum. I confess that I will not be posting too often, I am here more or less as a guest for some assistance..

I am not a troll, despite my question being very random and possibly stupid, I simply require some assistance....

I live in the UK and use a Virgin Media home router for my internet connection. We have a laptop, Two iPhones and a G2 ipod touch connected - usually at the same time. What I would like to know is will my brothers browsing history on his ipod or iphone (4) transfer over to my iphone (4S) at all? Like all older brothers I am a little worried about the websites my younger brother visits but at the same time I don't really want to know, if you get what I mean. I would genuinely hate to find out even by accident.

I, myself am a very clean living person so don't want any "strange" websites at all associated with my iPhone. Also, my friend (not quite girlfriend but female) uses it almost as much as I do.

Basically, will his browsing history transfer over to my iPhone? I know it can be somehow accessed on the main computer running the Wifi but I don't want anything on my iPhone that I haven't put there myself.

I am assuming it is impossible but again am not too computer friendly - at least as much as I'd like to be.

We don't share an iCloud ID by the way.

Thanks again, I genuinely appreciate this.

His browsing history shouldn't transfer over to your phone at all. The only way it would is if you guys are somehow linked together like sharing an account but even then im not sure if you even could. They are different devices and will stay seperate from each other.

The only way they would show up on your phone and vice versa is if you have browser sync set up and they're on the same email account. I believe Safari can do this. I know Chrome can. Otherwise no, they won't sync.

Hey, by knowing what a browser is, it easily places you significantly above most people in terms of understanding computers. :)

As the guys above said, you should be fine.

His browsing history shouldn't transfer over to your phone at all. The only way it would is if you guys are somehow linked together like sharing an account but even then im not sure if you even could. They are different devices and will stay seperate from each other.

Ah, okay. Thanks for that. I had a feeling this was the case but my suspicious mind took over. :)

The only way they would show up on your phone and vice versa is if you have browser sync set up and they're on the same email account. I believe Safari can do this. I know Chrome can. Otherwise no, they won't sync.

Thank you. I appreciate your assistance. I have OCD like moments when I let other people use my phone so this is good to know. :)

Hey, by knowing what a browser is, it easily places you significantly above most people in terms of understanding computers. :)

As the guys above said, you should be fine.

Haha, I won't be reaching for the 'Internet for dummies' book just yet... although I should order one in case I can't find help online. ;)

---------

I'm still getting used to IOS (after upgrading from a standard calls/texts only phone) so have a lot to learn. Thanks again for the feedback, people. :)

Back
Top Bottom