phone upgrade suggestions? Verizon carrier

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pocketlips

Baseband Member
Hey everybody my Verizon phone is coming up on an upgrade and I have no clue what phone I should upgrade too. Currently have the Droid X, and was looking at the iPhone or the new Droid razr maxx, I think it was called that at least. Anyone have any suggestions outside of the two phones I listed? I have never really payed much attention to the new phone technology. Mostly use my phone for internet browsing and music, I would prefer a phone that could be used as a wifi hotspot as well.

Any help or suggestions are appreciated,
Thanks.

Having your phone act as a hotspot will cost you more as that is not included in your data plan anymore. Verizon will charge you roughly $20 to use that feature. It can be done with your current phone as well as just about any Android out there.

The Galaxy Nexus is worth checking out. It has a better screen than the Razr Maxx and is running a newer version of Android however the Maxx has better battery life.

The Galaxy Nexus and Razr Maxx are both 4g while the iPhone 4s is only 3g so that is something to keep in mind. Verizon's 4g network is incredibly fast and is expanding pretty quickly so it's probably a feature you would want to have during the life of you new phone.

Thanks for the replies. Torn between the nexus and the iPhone, 4g isn't exactly something I will be needing anytime soon. Thinking I'll just swing by the store and mess around on the nexus, get an actual feel for it as everyone has their own personal preferences.

Well the Nexus is a great phone and is a straight Google device. It will get updates directly from Google so you will always have the latest version of Android on there as long as they continue support for the device or it can support the latest version of Android. I know some people have had a hard time getting used to the fact it only has software buttons instead of hardware buttons that most are used to on devices. While it isnt a major factor, it can hamper some users experience.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom