phone lock vs sim lock?

Status
Not open for further replies.

robina_80

Banned
what is the difference between these 2 locks, i know if you set sim lock (pin number) everytime you turn on your phone its asks for your pin but what does the phone lock do when activated?

basically i want to protect my phone so what i really want to do is when it auto locks the keypad i want it to be password protected when you next want to use it or just password protected on your inbox/outbox so no one can read your messages

The phone lock locks the inbox and also allows someone to enter the password after the keypad has been locked on some phones so basically it just locks the phone while the sim lock requires a password when the phone starts up to use the sim an also on any other which the sim goes into

well when i do the phone lock it doesnt require me to enter it when it goes to keypad lock and also for the messages ie the inbox, why is this

You might have to check the settings in the phone to see if its set that way, an also not all phones allow you to lock the inbox

Some phones allow the "password at keylock" feature, not all though. To break it down simple:

Sim lock - Locks your SIM card, no matter which phone you put it into, it will ask for the password.
Phone lock - Locks the specific phone, no matter what card you put into it.

If your SIM password is entered wrongly I think 3-5 times, it asks for a different code which can be sorted out by your phone service provider. Identification and sort will be needed to get the code.

If you phone locks however, it just requires some time to pass before you can retry the password again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom