Phone Guru's. PP needs answers

That was the first thing I did. It was the stupid chance of the recovery console being put in to a root flash I had that made this whole thing possible. Even though, I don't really need it to flash as I know 3 different ways from this little experience.

IMO, make a nandroid backup of stock (or whatever you're currently on) that way just in case you decide to change something in the future and makes your ROM not bootable, you can always flash back to your nandroid backup.

Already done sir. I hope to never experience that again. I spent the better part of yesterday and about 6 hours today trying to get it to work.

Good thinking; I usually have a couple of nandroids on my SD card at all times; and transfer older ones to my laptop for archiving until I'm sure I don't need them anymore, then I delete them.

Heh, I've been there too. Softbricked my Incredible not long ago for a bit until I flashed the right ROM a couple of different times. Bit of a pain...but I did learn not to do that again lol.

If you're going to use TiBu to edit system apps... NEVER uninstall them. Always just FREEZE them; that way, you can unfreeze them if necessary.

Really? I guess I haven't used it for quite a while... Thought it was part of the free version I guess. I usually don't freeze apps, since I usually install ROMs anyway, which have bloat removed lol.

Back
Top Bottom