Personal ringtones on phone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

spartan1121

Daemon Poster
Is there a way to take a song from my computer make a ring tone out of it(i think i've seen programs for this) and put it on my phone? It doesn't have a removable memory card. Can i host it on the web somewhere and download it?

Depends on your phone brand/model etc. Usually you can either send it via the web (newer phones, direct links work...others you need to package it, some free sites do this (eg sprintusers.com)), but then you pay the net fees if you don't have unlimited.

If you're going to do many *and* you don't have the unlimited net, I'd highly recommend getting the USB cable for your phone...

As far as converting...well, your phone model/brand etc...newer ones play mp3's just fine, while older ones like my own just play midi tones...which there is no easy way to get a nice sounding ring tone from a song (conversion-wise), that I've found anyway. It seems to take a bit of actual editing, which gets tedious for a novice like myself, fast.

I don't think i have a usb cable for my phone. I guess it can't play regular music. I'll look into it though.

Nope, the USB cable is usually $20-$50 at the brand-phone shop. I always buy them on eBay for ~$5 + shipping.

It's pretty easy to check...just Google the phone model / brand and specs, like for mine "samsung A600 spec" and I'm Feeling Lucky does the trick just fine. :) Then again it's old...I need one that supports mp3's!

If you have bluetooth you can beam the song to the phone or transfer it to a PDA and then beam it to the phone... Thats how I put custom rings on my phone.

if you don't have enough memory for a full mp3 file you can chop out the part you want as a ring tone with a program like audacity

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom