Nokia 5800 Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Method

In Runtime
I have not yet upgraded my plan to allow unlimited internet access (will do eventually), but what I am wondering is say If I connect to the wireless at home or at my school, will I still be charged to browse the internet. Or will it only charge me when connecting via T-Mobiles service?

Also, could anyone point me towards a decent video converter that can convert to MP4 and that is free. Tried the likes of xilisoft but only converts 5 mins worth on the free version.

Cheers

- Will

Hello,

If you connect your Nokia 8500 to the Internet via Wi-Fi at your home or school, then you won't be charged. Though, you'd be paying for the Internet your ISP is providing you at home of course.

WiFi on any phone won't be charged. You just have to make sure that the carrier's internet is disabled, and you are for sure on your WiFi.

Thanks for the answers guys, you've been a big help. Have a few more questions now if anyone could answer them that would be great.

Tried connecting to school wifi today but wouldnt work. I search for it, connect to it and select browse the internet from it. But no page will load. Even though stating I have 80% signal and there are other people around me browsing on there iphones and laptops. But If i connect through tmobile internet (did this momenterally to test it and so it didnt charge me much) and it connected fine and loaded up pages. Do I have to set it up in some way to get the wifi working?

Also, there is an instant messaging application but when selected asks for me to define a server.

It asks for:

Server Name
Access Point in use
Web Address
User ID
Password

The last two are obviously my IM user and pass, and access point you select T-Mobile internet, but I have no idea what to fill in for the others. Anyone have any idea what I would have to fill in to say get my windows live messenger working on it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom