no internet

XWrench3

Daemon Poster
about 5 months ago, my son gave me his old Nokia Lumia 520 Windows phone. i bought a kit to convert it from AT&T carrier to my old standby, Tracfone. i had a little trouble getting it to work, but it finally started working. i can make and receive calls, texts, and even surf the web as long as i am at home, using our WiFi. but out on the road, i can not connect to the internet at all. really, what i would use it for mostly, would be maps and possibly g.p.s. . i did check to make sure i had data, and i do, and i also purchased an additional 1GB of data, to make sure. the tracfone kit did not "unlock" the phone, at least i don't think it did. there are still several remnants of AT&T services on the phone. does the phone need to be unlocked in order to use the internet? i looked to see if i could find settings that i could change to address this issue, but i could not find anything.

Is the Tracfone service you're trying to connect to, using AT&T as it's back-end or Verizon as it's back end?

If it's still AT&T as a back end, then you may need to get the APN's for Tracfone's data service and input them. If it's Verizon as the back end...you'll need to see if the Lumia has the radio(s) that support Verizon's frequencies, as well as input the APN's for Tracfone.

Is the Tracfone service you're trying to connect to, using AT&T as it's back-end or Verizon as it's back end?
i have no idea, or even how to find out.
i guess i should try to contact tracfone.

First thing i would do is
make sure your cellular data connection is on and especially for gmaps apps or whatever maps im using.
Second, go to internet settings somewhere, findout where you should enter your APN and save it. Oh yeah, you can get your cellphone provider apn by calling the customer service or google it.

Thats it from me

well, i ended up joining the online tech support group at tracfone. and typed in my problem. they sent me a link to change the settings in my phone, and after 3 tries, all is good. i have data! WOOOHOOO! i used (well, my son helped) up 1/3rd of my monthly allowance at deer camp (5 days). which is not much. i get a whopping 3mb with each refill :(:( i bought an extra 1 gb for $10.00. but so far, its not showing up on my phone. back to the tracfone support group for that.

Back
Top Bottom