next phone ?

XWrench3

Daemon Poster
so, i have had my first dumb as a brick "smart phone" for about 6 months now. and in that time, i have learned a lot about what i dislike. i guess i am going to be stuck with at least "kind of crappy" phones, because of the sheer economy. the real question becomes, how do i get the least crappy phone. i am using Tracfone's 90 days for $30.00 plan. they have a bring any phone plan, but its a LOT more expensive. the sad part is unless i am on a trip, where the kids want to talk, my minutes hardly ever get used. and i have used exactly zero data in the 6 months i have had it. mostly because of how little i get with each refil. so i want to save it up (it does not expire and keeps building) in case i really get stuck out of town at some point. so who does quality reviews on crappy phones???

If you are going to stick to the phones offered by Tracfone then I would go with the reconditioned ZTE Quartz. It has a large screen, 1GB RAM and 8GB storage, and a 8MP camera. The Moto E would be as small as I would go (4.3" screen).

The base BYOP plan is $35 for 500 min, 1000 texts, and 400MB data (with carryover). As long as you make ample use of wifi you could squeak by with that. That would open up a whole new world of possibilities for you. You can get a Moto G 2nd gen for 100 (my wife has one, nice phone). For 150 you can get a BLU Life One X (another very nice one).

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom