new Phone time

Status
Not open for further replies.

KSoD

Call me Mak or K, Mod Emeritus
Well it is almost time for me to get my bi-yearly upgrade. I have like 2 months left on this contract so the cost to upgrade will be cheap for me.

I dont do magical stuff with the phone. Text, Calls, Pics.

Net access and that is not a necessity. But at the same time i do like some of the new things they have out in regards to touch phones. So give me some input.

Samsung Eternity (AT&T) | LetsTalk.com
Samsung Eternity

LG Incite (AT&T) | LetsTalk.com
LG Incite

LG Vuâ„¢ CU920 (AT&T) | LetsTalk.com
LG Vu

LG Xenon Blue (AT&T) | LetsTalk.com
LG Xenon

Pantech Matrix Pro (AT&T) | LetsTalk.com
Pantech Matrix Pro (Yes this is only listed cause i am a Matrix freak)

So thoughts? Yes they are all listed through Walmart as that is where we will be getting them from. Wife works for them and we get a discount as it is through them. Those are the main phones i am looking for. NO iPHONE!!!!!!!!!

Thanks in advance.

I was looking at the Vu, Matrix or the Xenon. The Matrix and Xenon both have the full keyboard. Which will come in handy since my wife likes to text rather than call.

Between the Eternity and the Vu, I'd get the Eternity. The Vu has a smaller screen, and kinda feels cheap. The buttons are really crappy. Good for a cheap touch screen, but I'd get your money's worth and get the Eternity if you want a full touch screen.

Don't really like the Matrix, even the Pro model. It could also be that Pantech and WinMo together leave a terrible taste in my mouth (read: Pantech Duo). Looks nifty, but that's about it.

If you want a full keyboard, either get the Xenon or the Impression. Both are pretty decent. The Impression is bigger, dunno if you like that or not.

The Incite is pretty interesting, but it's a little sluggish sometimes. The Eternity is faster, though the Incite has WinMo. Internet on the Eternity, Xenon, and the Impression will only be 10 bucks if you already have a family or individual unlimited texting plan, otherwise it will be 15 bucks. The Incite and the Matrix Pro will set you back 30 bucks a month.

All in all, I would get either the Eternity, the Xenon, or the Impression. Depending on what you want in the end.

EDIT: Also, you may have already checked, but you could look into newegg's AT&T section. They have the Eternity for 60 bucks. If nothing else, grab some prices to compare to wallyworld.

I buy my phones used, and replace the housing so i can stay out of contract :).

That way, i get more freebies from sprint.

The thing is through Walmart it would cost us nothing to get a new phone. The prices for upgrades right now are $1. Which would be cheaper than NewEgg. Which is why we are going through them.

Maybe the Eternity. I will have to go to a AT&T store and check out the phones this weekend.

Check out the links. Most are free. Some even have MIR that get me money back on them. :p

Oh snap. I'm putting aside the idea that it's Wal-Mart and totally getting a phone. ;D

Anyway, you know my opinion. I'd get the Eternity if you don't mind not having a QWERTY keyboard. Though it does have an on screen QWERTY keyboard, next best thing. :p

I am gonna check them out for sure. The Vu is what i have seen and liked. But i will make sure to test the Eternity.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom