New Ipad reveal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lexluethar

Fully Optimized
Here are some live streams to the launch event:

Live Coverage The iPad 3 Event March 2012, Ustream.TV: Live Coverage of Apple Keynotes and other events in tech. Including Images, Commentary, and sometime...

Watch Apple iPad 3 Launch Event Live Streaming Online Free ~ Geeky Stuffs

Those are really crappy - no live stream at the event just blogs, best i found was cnet:
http://live.cnet.com/Event/Apples_March_7_special_event_live_from_SF?tag=TOCcarouselMain.0

Summary of the new product:

Retina display 2048x1536
5 mp iSight camera same as iphone 4
4glte
HD 1080 video recording with software stabilization and face recognition
10 hr battery life
9 hr on 4glte
Same price points as ipad3, starting at 499
Faster processor, A5X
1.5lb - same as ipad3
Ability to do personal hot spot
Ability to dictate what you say

The SoC upgrade is kind of disappointing, the new gpu is good but quad core A9's are already out and dual core A15's will be out in the very near future.

IMO they really need to work on reducing the weight. I have found the lighter tablets to be much more comfortable to use for reading.

I saw the G4 aots review, and the retina screen is amazing, and "eye searing". 4gLTE is always nice too. For Apple, the hardware is actually pretty impressive. Supposedly better ram, and confirmed better processor. It's not a bad replacement, but I'm more interested in the Ipad two price drop it's brought :p

I saw the G4 aots review, and the retina screen is amazing, and "eye searing". 4gLTE is always nice too. For Apple, the hardware is actually pretty impressive. Supposedly better ram, and confirmed better processor. It's not a bad replacement, but I'm more interested in the Ipad two price drop it's brought :p

The way they stated it in the official release was confusing but the processor is actually the same as the iPad 2, the gpu is what got the upgrade.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom