A New Evil Empire?

Is Apple going to be the new evil empire that overtakes the throne of M$?
Apple whines, court caves, Samsung stops sales | TechRepublic

Personal opinion here: Apple already is the new evil empire by a long shot. Microsoft may have a history of law suits, but I don't think Microsoft has ever acted out to the extreme Apple has. If Apple truthfully has the "rights" to these obnoxious patents that shouldn't have been granted in the first place, then I firmly believe:

Logitech could sue Kensington/GearHead/HP/etc - how many similarly shaped keyboards/mice are out there?
Verbatim could sue RiDATA/Memorex/Maxwell - seems as if there are other companies making these round discs that can store media. Clearly that's infringement.
Ford could sue Chevy - last I checked, Chevy's have a steering wheel and four round wheels too.
Hildebrand & Wolfmüller could sue Harley Davidson - who do these chumps think they are building competing motorcycles?
Sony could sue Toshiba/Vizio/Samsung/etc - uh, pardon me sir, but your TV is also black, rectangular in shape, and displays images on the screen. You must have stolen our idea!
Mosaic could sue Netscape/IE/Firefox/Chrome/Opera/Konquerer/etc - hey! you! I was the first web browser!

Just my opinion though... but it seems to be one that is becoming increasingly popular among users. Even (surprisingly) with a substantial amount of users who have been traditionally Apple users too. Now there's some serious food for thought...

Is Apple going to be the new evil empire that overtakes the throne of M$?
Apple whines, court caves, Samsung stops sales | TechRepublic

Where have you been hiding for the past 5 years? Microsoft has not been the "evil" company since the early to mid 90's. So I dont know what "throne" your talking about with to begin with. But Apple has done everything they can to litigate and stop their competition. They have not innovated anything since the first iPhone was released. Sorry, retina displays. But seriously nothing on the current gen iPhones is different than the first gen iPhone that was released.

Android phones are what has pushed the mobile market. Not iPhones. It has been the Android phones that has pushed to get Dual and Quad cores out. It has been Android that has pushed to get all the stuff we see currently available. If it was up to Apple, we would be stuck with a low MP camera on the back, no front camera and a low powered CPU running a device from years ago. Cause that is what they want cause that makes them money.

So Apple has done nothing but try to be a monopoly in the mobile market and force their competition to not sell their items. If Apple wants to sue, I say let them be sued as well for slide to unlock:

20111030213015_apple%20invented%20slide%20to%20unlock.jpg

Cant tell me they innovated such technology....

Back
Top Bottom