need opinions on mp3 players

Status
Not open for further replies.

funkywaggnelz

In Runtime
So I think I am going to ask for a new mp3 player for X-mas but I don't even know which kind to go with or which are the best. iPods are clearly nice but I don't really need like 80 gigs of storage and I am not going to be watching movies and stuff on it. Something with like 16-30 gb of storage and something that has awesome sound quality are most important, as well as price, lol. Some tips/suggestions would be muchly appreciated. Thanks!

Edit: also, size is important too, so thats why I was kind of leaning away from Zens.

Hm, MP3 players are really dependent on how often you plan to use it also. Sound quality from an MP3 player is really dependent on the actual MP3's you put on it, so that's that, as far as the amount of space are you going to play it i n your car? In your household? are you traveling alot? do you need alot of battery life?

Uhm, as a quick rule of thumb, you have to know that apple ipods have 'all' the toys/accessories because apple has the biggest market on mp3 players. When someone says mp3 player they think sansa or sony, when you say ipod, they think that it's seperate.

So, it's only a matter of what you want specifically as i mentioned above here's a quick overview:
Huge Storage, tons of accessories : Ipod
Quick, simple, small : Sony
Inventive(while some may disagree), comparable disk size: Samsung

there are a ton of mp3 players to choose from btw, so, a little research on what you want may clear up things. So, just keep in mind that ipod has the most accessories while sony can be kind of small and has a learning curve while samsung has put out a new touch screen mp3 player which is pretty cool. Hope this works out, an mp3 player can be someones life after they get the hang of it.

theres nothin wrong with I-pod, except I-tunes really, abit diffcuilt for people to work how to upload songs to the i-pod, overall i think there gd and gd battery life:)

DO NOT get the Sandisk Sansa, I had one and I had nothing but problems. They are decent mp3 players but they are prone to break, and they aren't made of good quality at all. I just bought the 8gb ipod nano with video and i couldn't be happier. So much better. I'm just telling you from my first hand experience. I know the ipods are a little more expensive, but you'll be happier. The Sandisk doesn't even have software to manage songs, which made it more of a hassle. At least with an ipod you got itunes, and free video podcasting si what i liked the most.

I haven't had any problems with my Sansa... It's the 4GB version, and I've had it for over a year now. I even put RockBox firmware on it too, and it boots a lot faster. I love my Sansa...haven't had any problems with it at all. Love it since you can just drag/drop songs into it like a flash drive instead of having to use a music manager (I want to manage my own music thank you very much...isn't thats what folders are for? lol). I agree with vernong, and highly suggest getting a Sansa. I've even dropped mine a couple times...and there's only a small scratch on the front (but now I have a leather case, so no worries about that). Of course, I'm biased against iPods =P.

I also now have a Zune, that I'm probaly going to use mostly for movies.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom