Need help selecting next phone

galaxy nexus Trotter, cheap for what it is, highly moddable and reliable, only down fall that I experienced was when I cracked the screen it wouldve been a 200 dollar repair, since the outer cover for the screen and the actual screen are one piece, so it all has to be replaced if any of it breaks, so if you get it, get an otter box lol, another downfall is no sd card slot

https://play.google.com/store/devices/details/Nexus_5_16GB_Black?id=nexus_5_black_16gb&hl=en

i had the galaxy nexus but ever since it got the jelly bean 4.2 update it was heaps laggy. A rom might fix it up but your better off getting the moto g running 4.3 out of the box.

heres a MKBHD moto g review . Im thinking of getting one too actually.

Last edited by a moderator:
I just ordered an unlocked LG Nitro HD. While it ain't sexy and is nowhere near what I was originally wanting to get, it did fit within the budget that I ended up with. Once I flash it I will see about taming the battery usage.

I mainly wanted to get something that fit within my reduced budget (bills and Christmas knocked out over half of what I thought I had). While this phone is not perfect it should be a nice step up from the Vibrant I am using right now.

The Nitro can be flashed with several decent ROMs so I will be a in good shape there. I currently have CM10.1.3 on the Vibrant and it is pretty nice. I have been looking at MIUI as well.

good choice. i didnt even think about that model. its pretty decent specs so im sure it can handle the new roms. hows much u pick it up for??

$80, + $15 shipping since it is coming out of Canada, so $95 total.

The latest stable CM for it is 10.1.3, which is what I am running on this Vibrant right now. They have 10.2 as a nightly.

Phone was delivered today. Already rooted it, flashed it, and am customizing it. I was having a b!tch of a time getting gapps to work with CM10 but then discovered that I was using an old version. Flashed the newer gapps and it was smooth sailing.

Now to find a decent theme I can live with. I am going back to my old faithful locker (Go Locker w/Dark Grunge theme).

If you could find a reasonably cheap Nexus 4/5 that would be a good choice in terms of Android. I've heard that the Moto X is a good phone too.

Back
Top Bottom