My iPhone is liberated!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I liked it before; now I LOVE it. The fact that I have everything (except a good task app) at my fingertips is just great. Some people don't like that kind of thing, but I do.

I personally think the iPhone is still king of the handhelds. From what I read, T-Mobile has dumbed down and restricted the G1 so much it isn't even the phone people were excited about. They also have a really weak 3G network. I've also heard a lot of problems about the Blackberry Storm (no wi-fi?...omg...c'mon!) I'm not saying the iPhone doesn't have its problems too, but now that mine's jailbroken I think a lot of those problems are gone.

That's cause T-Mobile blows goats. ;)

Jailbroken iPhones are definitely worth the effort. Especially at 200 bucks, I'd rather get that then the Blackberry Bold or something like that, save my money.

The one thing I don't get is when people jailbreak them to go on other networks...yes, useful, but you can't even use the data network unless you use the wifi...

I almost think it's as much or more AT&T being nazis. They actually pay for half the phone, so make **** sure they're gonna do whatever it takes to recoup the costs. I'm sure Apple isn't innocent either because this type of mentality is their trademark with their products.

I have yet to understand Apple's mentality with their nazism towards locking down iPhones.

They probably have a deal w/ AT&T. It is the most sold phone ever. Out sold the motorola rzr. So they want to keep the service w/ att. Steve jobs first went to verizon but they turned him down. What a mistake.

It is a great phone and its going to stay that way for awhile.

ATT is def. the big one behind the locking the stuff down, When the 3G first came out Apple actually sold a cord and had a app to use it as a modem for your Laptop, Then ATT told them to take it off the shelves, If people want to have a 3G modem they can buy the wireless card with a contract. This is coming from a friend that works in a Apple store. However they came out with a APP that lets you connect your phone the a laptop VIA blue tooth and works as the modem. Here is a site with every thing you could want to know about the Iphone app if you Jailbroke it. Apple iPhone School

Dauntae

Yea, that's a great site Dauntae. I've pulled quite a bit of info from them. ModMyi is also a great resource.

Do you have a link to the app that will make the phone a modem? I found one, but it only works via USB or WiFi, not BT.

apple's exclusivity helps their product greatly, programmers have "one standard" by which to program apps, without third party programs/different hardware affecting their functionality....with that in mind, i like to actually "own" my phone, which means att fuze for me!

Theres nothing like the Iphone though. It's really is a nice handheld. The best around so far, plus it has so much support. I do like the HTC hd pro though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom