My iPhone is liberated!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yea, that's a great site Dauntae. I've pulled quite a bit of info from them. ModMyi is also a great resource.

Do you have a link to the app that will make the phone a modem? I found one, but it only works via USB or WiFi, not BT.

I thought there was one blutooth but when I searched all I found was the wifi iPhoneModem - fast and easy sharing of iPhone's Internet connection is this the one you found, Been thinking of getting it to put on my phone for my laptop at work. Just can't let the boss know.

Dauntae

Yea, that's the one I found. I really don't think they have one yet that will connect via BT.

iphone needs to be jailbroken in order to get full potentail outta device

glad you joined the club, you'll have hours of fun with that

all the best

I have 2.2 I think...I just know I didn't update to the latest firmware yet. I saw a huge number of comments on a blog when quickpwn for my firmware came out and most people ended up with bricked iPhones that they couldn't figure out how to restore themselves. My friend just got one who's a bit more daring than me and has friends who've jailbroken them before, so I'll wait for him to get his done and see how it goes :).

Yea, I never use it on the first release. It's now safe to use. Just like yellowsn0w. I waited until it was working properly before unlocking and made sure I read up on it before doing it so I wouldn't panic if anything went wrong. Jailbreaking is pretty much fool proof. Hold a couple of buttons down w/ the right firmware and viola!

I don't have an iPhone but I have an iPod Touch.

Its jailbroken. It's sooo totally worth it. You can do such cool **** with it.

A cool game I've found is called Raging Thunder. If you don't have it yet, try it out.

Also look into iSlsk. It's like limewire right off of your itouch/iphone.

Deff. worth the time and effort.

Yea, it's really easy and it's pretty hard to screw up your phone. I've also been stuck in restore mode for a bit, but got it to do a factory restore after re-downloading the firmware file. It doesn't even put a hacked FW on your phone, it just modifies the one that's already there, so it's really (as third said) foolproof.

I have a 3G, and I would LIKE to jailbreak it, but I first need to get it on my home insurance policy.... $36 a year insurance for a $500 phone is a NO BRAINER... (Left my last one in a shopping cart at a Menard's.... that was a NO BRAINER too.. Oops... $550 later, I am not ready to jailbreak it yet. At least I was able to restore my phone to EXACTLY how it was when I got the new one... HECK, even the TEXT'S were saved. I LOVE the way the texting is setup, but I would like to be able to delete single texts without deleting the whole conversation, and copy & paste, etc. etc. etc....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom