Mozilla Supports iPhone Jailbreaking

Status
Not open for further replies.

Osiris

Golden Master
Mozilla Supports iPhone Jailbreaking

Mozilla has submitted comments to the U.S. Copyright Office in support of the EFF's attempts to have iPhone jailbreaking decriminalized. The EFF wants the Copyright Office to let users jailbreak their phones without fear of copyright infringement penalties.

"This is not us criticizing Apple," Mozilla CEO John Lilly said in an interview on Monday. "But it's the principle of the thing. Choice is good for users, and choice shouldn't be criminalized. The Internet is too important for all of us for that."

Hallelujah!! You know no matter how many people get on the "for" side, Apple and AT&T will fight it to the death.

I love my jailbroken ipod :)

Just thought i would throw it out there..

AT&T is still going to sell loads of iPhones regardless, since we are still requiring contracts. I don't see why jailbreaking is such a big deal. Using it on another service limits it anyway, with the different data networks.

Apple really needs a kick in the pants.

Well, jailbreaking doesn't mean that it can be used on a different carrier. You still have to use unlock hacks after it is jailbroken.

Jailbroken on the old iPhone meant you could use it on other carriers I was pretty sure. Whatever.

I wouldn't want to use it on other carriers anyway. I don't really see a point...now unlocking the potential for the programs and such, that's more appealing to me.

Would iTunes ever allow an app like winterboard on the App Store? Thats what I've always wondered.

Would iTunes ever allow an app like winterboard on the App Store? Thats what I've always wondered.

nope winterboard will never come to ap store because it violates the terms and agreements between apple and programers.

Wait how is it illegal? You've bought the phone, it's yours now - you should be able to do with it what you want, it's yours. Understandably the warranty should no longer apply, since you've messed around with it.

The applications apple "Endorse" by granting them access to the app store pass certain quality controls and testing mostly to make sure that the application is malware free. There is two problems with this it's very rair for some one to willingly install malware but apple fail to realise that if some one wants to get malware installed on a device they will find a way. The second people will always rebel when it comes to lack of choices, and they will find a way to get what they want installed when they want.

The main reasoning behind this is that apple is worried that the phone once jailbroken can spred malware or spam leading to a Page Ranking nightmare, apple have nearly always been totaly market an public opinion lead and anything that tarnishes this reputation can lead to loss of market share.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom