marshmallow upgrade bricked my new LG G Stylo

I'll keep the tech-forum (well I guess it's techist nowadays) notification in my gmail inbox so I definitely will remember to let you know how it works out. thanks again!

facepalm bleepity bleep!

I went through the trouble of factory resetting the phone again on my day off (forgot MLK day was coming up) and now there's no update. Went to PRL, Profile, and LG updates (marshmallow should theoretically be in LG updates).

If i had hair left, I'd be pulling it out right now.

cleared partition cache via recovery console and even went as far as too remove sim card like someone suggested in a nexus forum. no go. also attempted to clear cache of google services, but that's not a option on the G Stylo.

Also, LG hates me (attempting to find a manual sideloadable solution), from their website...... NOTICE: LG does not provide Mobile Device Software Updates from lg.com. Mobile service providers deliver software updates Over-the-Air.

so I guess the people who proactively try their hardest to get the update get boned.

not trying to bump, problem is solved and i have no idea how.

so i gave up and started reinstalling apps and logging into gmail and the like when a notification popped up "apps in android 6.0 something something blah blah...." and my jaw hit the floor, heck to the no I told myself while immediately going into the phone info area. Yup, 6.0.

So, here's what I think happened... I figure my initial install failed at the VERY end of the install, so the reset, um, pushed it through or force finished sort of, maybe the error loop was an incompatible app or a setting that got reset during said reset.

So we can check this issue done or I do have one more question.... When you do a factory reset, would the phone not revert back to 5.1? This entire deal is just odd, I see very little GUI difference between the OS's considering it's an entire number/version higher and not just a point 5 or whatever.

When you do a factory reset, it resets to the "factory" state of the current OS. It doesn't reset to how you took it out of the box.

There really isn't much GUI difference between 5.0 and 6.0 - it was mainly under-the-hood stuff I believe that was changed.

Glad to hear that you got it running though.

Back
Top Bottom