marshmallow upgrade bricked my new LG G Stylo

familyman01

Baseband Member
After I started the Marshmallow (6.0) all was going well, then the phone rebooted, and then I get this error message (unfortunately, the process android.process.media has stopped). The google search to fix said error are nothing but hilarious, clear you cache, hahaha I cannot get to the cache, well, hold down the home key and blah blah blah, well my phone has an on-screen home page key so this button cannot be pressed. Oh, how about you factory reset your phone? HOW?!?!?! The android.process.media won't allow me to access ANYTHING.

Pulled battery, held down power button to clear whatever that would clear. No help. I cannot clear any other cache due to the down button and power button being basically in the same "button" and my lack of home page button that's not a physical button.

Recap. 3 month old LG G Stylo, bricked with the Marshmallow upgrade, nothing on google helps because I cannot access the functions they want me to access to fix it.

Can I do a factory reset without having to go into the settings? The error won't allow this.

Thank you all! I cannot even make a silly phone call!

looks like the peepz at recovery-mode.com have not used the odd-buttoned LG G Stylo. I'm in safe mode, but well, that doesn't help me lol.

I will try again but it looks like the phone isn't "getting" my first vol - button press before I press the power key. The phone just powers on like usual..... ugh as if it's not hard enough to hold these two keys at the same time....

EDIT: Second time around no go. Boots fast, there's absolutely no ten seconds before the LG logo pops up, and yes, i'm pressing vol down first then power and holding both. It just boots into safe mode because after that I'm instructed to hold the vol down button during boot which is safe mode.

Last edited:
For the love of pete, my OCD is my own downfall. I should ignore where it tells you to release the buttons when the logo pops up and just keep on holding those buttons no matter what.

Anyway, many thanks to you for finding that info for me, I'm not allowed to give you more rep or I would. But I will bookmark that page for future reference.

Problem solved, back to stock. Although problem not solved, I don't have marshmallow lolz.

For the love of pete, my OCD is my own downfall. I should ignore where it tells you to release the buttons when the logo pops up and just keep on holding those buttons no matter what.

Anyway, many thanks to you for finding that info for me, I'm not allowed to give you more rep or I would. But I will bookmark that page for future reference.

Problem solved, back to stock. Although problem not solved, I don't have marshmallow lolz.

No problem.

Now that you're back to reset stock, I'd try the MM update again and see if it goes through this time. Could have been a weird issue.

Trust me, I want to, it was even an official LG update..... But Google auto synced all my apps n other junk back already to the phone and I feel like I'm pressing my luck with devices recently (kindle fire is now an android tab almost bricked it too and oh lord my laptop rollercoaster I've been on lately lol). But definitely when my work and social life slow down a smidge in a couple weeks I'm planning on doing a factory reset and not syncing or logging into anything and doing the update from a super fresh LG.

Back
Top Bottom