Just got the Droid! This thing rocks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

NightSurge

Fully Optimized
Wow... that's all I can say. I got this phone and played with it for like 4 hours straight yesterday. The screen is great and responsive, the camera works very well so long as you hold it steady when taking the picture (haven't tried taking a moving/action shot), the apps are amazing, the overall functionality was easy to pickup and figure out!

I've already downloaded like 20 free apps including Live NFL/NCAA football scores, live weather, barcode scanner, Google Maps Nav, AIM/MSN, a few games, Flixster, Bible, and more! The speed on the Verizon 3G network where I live is great! I don't care if AT&T can download 10% faster, I have the more reliable and widespread service :)

So far I am just stunned and amazed with this phone. It's everything I could ever want! I have already linked my facebook and gmail to it, and setup my hotmail email as well. If any of you know any really good games or apps I should check out, let me know!

man, you are lucky. where i live there is only on android phone available through carriers(the htc magic) and that's nothing compared to the droid--but anyway, how is the keyboard? I've read a couple of reviews and they have both had different opinions on the hardware keyboard, so what's your take on it?. If you use the software keyboard most of the time, i suggest you download the better keyboard app-- i'm not sure if it's free, but i hear that it makes the stock android keyboard way easier to use.
I've also heard of the layar augmented reality browser, and that sounds pretty cool :)

however, i will just continue to sit hear, shaking with jealousy, hoping it will some day be realesed here.:big_smile:

I've heard it's got crap battery life...but I so want a phone with Android on it... Hesitant to get a Motorola phone tho too...

I've heard it's got crap battery life...but I so want a phone with Android on it... Hesitant to get a Motorola phone tho too...

crappy battery life is pretty much a given when it comes to modern smartphones :(
but i don't see why you would be hesitant about buying a motorola phone, i've found they're usually pretty great when it comes to hardware

crappy battery life is pretty much a given when it comes to modern smartphones :(
but i don't see why you would be hesitant about buying a motorola phone, i've found they're usually pretty great when it comes to hardware

You've never worked with Motorola phones much then lol. The old old moto phones were good...then recently they just got really crappy. I worked at a verizon store for a while...and always saw things going wrong with Motos. I hear they got a new CEO though and are getting better again.

Some one has already got it to give you terminal access too, and it also stops it from auto updating.

Far too costly and locked down to be a really big sucsess in the long run, it was ground breaking at first but other cheaper and better featured phones are cutting into the iphones market share.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom