Just got the Droid! This thing rocks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I still think that the iphone is still going to over power the android. Thats just my opinion.

the iphone cannot overpower anything, just the same as that no phone can "kill" another phone. android has proven it's worth with it's flexibility --its powered computers, robots and even fridges-- so it will not go anywhere unless google wants it to (which is very unlikely)

let me just get this out there, the talk of one phone consuming another entirely is a ridiculous prospect, every time a game-changing new phone is released many people say that this will kill the iphone, or it will kill android. this will not happen. you have to remember not to get caught up in propaganda promoted by various media sites and even newspapers. the iphone was a great example of new technologies being used in great new ways, and it still is, but the restrictions placed on it by apple give it limited possibilities in the long-run. the iphone is just a single piece of hardware, companies such as htc, which now caters mostly android-specific phones, have produced far better hardware than that of the iphone IMO. and leaked roadmaps of their product lines have shown that they are only going to get better.

"still going to overpower the android" still? since when is the iphone overpowering android? if anything android is overpowering the iphone, android was released under 13 months ago and in only that year it had sold around 4 million devices and released three four different versions of android OS and there are about twenty different phones in market as of now. when you think about it, this time last year it had nearly 0% marketshare, now it has over 4%.

*disclaimer, i was extremely tired as of writing this reply, apologies if anything does not make sense.

I've heard it's got crap battery life...but I so want a phone with Android on it... Hesitant to get a Motorola phone tho too...

The Droid has excellent battery life. I can watch youtube for 3 hours, browse the web and still have around half battey at the end of the day.

You can always buy a bigger battery later on. I always hated the battery life on my Palm Pre, but just recently I bought a battery with more than twice the battery life of my previous battery for $60.

just got this phone. :D finally convinced my dad to let me get it by splitting the extra data cost with him.

this phone is awesome. i havent had much time to play with it but i am really liking the android OS.

i am having somewhat of a problem though.. my phone wont send sms texts anymore... restarted the phone a couple times and still having the same issue

Edit: nvm its working fine now. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom