Its deleting my ROM!?

Status
Not open for further replies.

antirem

In Runtime
My Dad works at a fortuine 500 company. Every two years his company buys him a new PDA. Which means every two years I get a PDA also. I have an IPAQ and a Jornada 540 that I am using now. I'd like to give my friend the HP to my friend but the problem is that every time it is off for about 1 hours all my ROM that I put on is deleted all the system files are still there though. I am using a CF card to back up everything but I would like to keep it on the PDA. Has anyone run into this problem or knows how to fix it. Thanks!

yes i know what it is im a+ cert so I know all the abrevations (that all a+ teaches you) there is something really messed up with the ce os that is deleting what was there.

fyi you can delete rom. ram is no longer stored when the power goes out though (the capaciotors and transistors lose the bits because it needs the power to keep them running) rom is written to the hdd or any other memory storage device rom is usually written magnetically. Rom is techniaclly not deleted though but taken out of the log of the file alocation table or new technology file system (fat and ntfs) that there is a file. This makes it appear that it is deleted because there is no address to the file which means you cannot find it. The file is still there but it will be written over for new info eventually and lost forever. :p

I needed to backup the A+ thing other wise I'd look like a dumb@$$ noob trying to sound smart.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom