iPod Volume, Has it Changed?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mercenary91

Solid State Member
Recently i purchased the new iPod Nano-Chromatic, i like everything about it but i have one tiny problem. I have been using a Mini for the last 3 Years. But i noticed the Volume on the new Nano does not go as high as the volume on the mini does.

What i mean is, if you place the volume ctrl at the middle of the bar, the nano doesnt play at the same volume as the mini does. The Mini plays a bit louder at half.

to match the volume the Mini plays at half bar, the Nano must go to about 60% of the volume. This bothers me because i feel restricted, not that i usually ever play my music at full volume. But say im inside a train or something and just want to boost the volume.

i Have changed the volume limit to max on the nano, but still the same result.

IS there anything i can do, to change this?

Bump..Did anyone else notice this

i havent owned a nano but maybe a firmware upgrade (if there is) could solve this issue.or maybe the nano is limited to that volume.

If it is in the EU there is a max limit on the volume.

Oooo tell us more! :)

PS: O so thats how you up your post count. Tell them the simple answer then let them ask for more clarification. Smart man... haha

No, I was in a rush at work so....

The EU has set a Max level of volume that they consider safe but most people consider pathetic that limits the output of the sound that a headphone can deliver to the ear, all MP3 players, Walkmans, personal radios, etc have to comply or they cant be sold.

That is why if you want REAL volume go outside the EU an buy a MP3 player from there, Oh an the volume levels outside the EU haven't changed on the new ipod's

My ipod is from america so I have no idea about this sound thing..what is sound check though? All it seems to do is make the volumue quieter :confused:

On the US ipod, i think it's like the EU saft barrier but it's optional.

Yea, it sucks, the Volume is naturally lower. I Tried everything and nothing can be done. Some people i know say its for safety measures, they don't want people going Deaf with loud music.

There is a way around it but it requires some fiddly solder work an you risk not just bricking but totally destroying your ipod.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom