ipod video 80gb or microsoft zune 80gb?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Norcent

Banned
I want one of these: I don't know which is better though.

Newegg.com - Apple iPod classic Silver 80GB Model MB029LLA - Retail

Newegg.com - Microsoft Zune 3.2" Black 80GB MP4 Player

I know that the zune has a bigger screen and I can copy files to it unlike an ipod. with ipods you have to use itunes.

The zune is cheaper and is where I am leaning, and the reviews are better for the zune. I hate microsoft, and I don't want to support them, but if they have a better player I guess I have to get over it.

I was just wondering about the thickness and lengths of both portable players.

I am guessing that the ipod is smaller, and skinnier. I know that they both weigh the same. 4.9 ounces.

Never mind

http://www.shivaranjan.com/shivaupload/zunevsipod/zune_ipod_4.jpg

http://i.fosfor.se/i06/061002_1.jpg

I found what i was looking for. Thank you guys anyway.

I would like to know which is better though still.

Check out Archos. I got the 30 gig 605 Wifi for Christmas. I love it. I'm just waiting for people to hack it, then I'm going to upgrade the HDD.

I hate iPods now too...I'm selling mine. Overprice and overhyped. All they are now are fashions statements. Everyone and their brother has one. It's like 400 bucks for 16 gigs right? What a ripoff...

Neither. Zens by Creative are great alternatives. I use a Sandisk Sansa and I love it. There are many alternatives to the iPod and Zune which both are very lacking in features and freedom, just do a little digging.

Neither. Zens by Creative are great alternatives. I use a Sandisk Sansa and I love it. There are many alternatives to the iPod and Zune which both are very lacking in features and freedom, just do a little digging.

agreed.. but if your deadset on one of those two options Zune is the way to go....

Zune.

Every normal person will go iPod because there fanboys of apple. Everyone who has tried the Zune 80GB prefers it, it has better SQ, better interface, looks cooler. And isn't made by apple, the last one alone should be a large enough incentive to get the Zune.

the zune is too big and the zens are more expensive for 60gb then the 80gb ipod.

I am thinking about going with the ipod. If I do get the ipod how do I transfer movies to it? Can I run linux on that 80gb ipod?

i like how you ask our opinions....NOONE says ipod, but rather zune or atleast another thing like a zen or archos...

and you still land on ipod.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom