iPhoning 101

Status
Not open for further replies.

Preacher

Fully Optimized
Hey Everyone,
As you can probably guess I got a new iPhone 4G, the thing is a powerhouse!

I was wondering a couple of things...

1. What are the must-have apps?
2. What type of battery charging process is the best, Iv'e seen many online...
3. How do I sync my phones contacts to G-Mail?

Have a great weekend techies...

1: Must have apps -Boost Magic (also for number 2). BGG if you are a board gamer like me.. Oh, freeappaday is a must have.. Free apps ftw. Game Dex Story is another must have.. fun little 8bit looking sims style game.Burn the rope is another fantabulous game. Oh, and of course, Netflix if you have an account.. there is more, but it all depends on what you enjoy.

as for number 3, I'll get back to you. I just got the Iphone Friday, but my boyfriend is a Verizon employee with an IPhone, so I'll ask later, since I can't remember how to do it at this time.

As far as #2 goes, check the Lithium Battery info topic that I have stickied here.

As for apps.. Here are my most used:

Reeder (Google Reader client)
Facebook / Messages (both Facebook)
Twitter (official app)
Yelp
Instagram (fun to play around with)
Google +
pandora
The TF app :tongue:

Reeder is amazing. The rest of these are just what I use :tongue:

Hey Fargle can you PM me the AppStore Link to the TF app by any chance? I would like to add it to the TF App Official Thread we have but since I dont own their device or have iTunes installed I cant find it on their AppStore anywhere.

Reviving the thread.

1. If I want to sync my phone's contacts to my Google Account how do I that?
2. Lets say I formatted the phone, how do I get my contacts with phone numbers only to my phone (not my whole google/g-mail list)?

Thanks in advanced.

Question #1 is answered by Google directly. They have instructions on how to do it. I would just follow them and setup the Sync how you wish. Since it allows for Calendar, Contacts and Mail. As for #2, not sure how that is accomplished. Never owned an iOS device. :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom