iPhone OS 4.0 Jailbroken Within 24 Hours

Status
Not open for further replies.

Osiris

Golden Master
iPhone OS 4.0 Jailbroken Within 24 Hours

Apple doesn't seem to be doing a very good job keeping their products from being cracked. Last week it was the iPad (here), this week it is the new iPhone OS 4.0...both cracked in less than a day.

According to this video showing Cydia multitasking and this tweet by a member of the Dev Team, iPhone OS 4.0 has been jailbroken already. Then again, Apple may have left the doors wide open as a pre-launch red herring.

If Apple are going to make what are actually fairly small updates into a big shindig like this, I'm not surprised that it's been cracked already.

Thank god! I have a 2ng gen touch and was disappointed to hear that there will be no multitasking abilities for 2g touch just 3g and up. All I really want is to listen to my slacker radio while browsing the internet, is that so much to ask. With this jailbreak if they don't patch up the exploit before release I will be able to use backgrounder for multitasking. That's really all I do with the jailbreak features anyway. I'm also glad to hear about app screen wallpapers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom