iPhone now on VZ

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any ideas WHEN the Droid Bionic will be out on Verison? I guess March in for ATT, but I didnt see a date for Verison. I am trying to hold on to my old "dumb" flip phone ( the hinge is cracked) until the Iphone is available so I have the choice between a Droid and the Iphone. I have always thought I would get the Droid incredible but I figure I will compare the droid and iphone and decide, maybe end of Febuary when the initial apple rush is over at my Verizon store.

Verizon is supposed to get the Bionic after AT&T so I assume it will be out sometime around this summer.

If you are buying now I would get the Droid X. It has top of the line hardware, great battery life, Flash, and since it's Verizon's current flagship it should have a better chance of getting gingerbread than other phones.

Flash is so over rated.. all the tech giants know it. Hence, Flash usage is falling. I have no figures except the fact i've had 3 iphones and can tell just in that 3 year space of time that more and more previously flash websites run on iPhone now. I admit, i only visit the same 5 or so websites 90percent of the time (i think that's true of everyone though). I'm not suggesting flash is totally pointless, but it's just not as big of an issue as people make out.

What's more of an issue is the Safari browser which isn't particularly fast and has an annoying checkerboard when you zoom in or out to quick. Pretty lame. I don't know why, lots of other phones with the same specs don't have this problem. And you can't just get another browser because, apple being apple, they all basically have to use safari as a base - so they all have the same problem. I think it is to do with keeping silky smooth zooming, because it is smoother than on the android phones i've used because it does all the rendering after you've finished zooming i guess.

Flash is so over rated.. all the tech giants know it. Hence, Flash usage is falling. I have no figures except the fact i've had 3 iphones and can tell just in that 3 year space of time that more and more previously flash websites run on iPhone now. I admit, i only visit the same 5 or so websites 90percent of the time (i think that's true of everyone though). I'm not suggesting flash is totally pointless, but it's just not as big of an issue as people make out.

What's more of an issue is the Safari browser which isn't particularly fast and has an annoying checkerboard when you zoom in or out to quick. Pretty lame. I don't know why, lots of other phones with the same specs don't have this problem. And you can't just get another browser because, apple being apple, they all basically have to use safari as a base - so they all have the same problem. I think it is to do with keeping silky smooth zooming, because it is smoother than on the android phones i've used because it does all the rendering after you've finished zooming i guess.

Well, it might be falling, but not at a huge pace that Apple makes it out to be. Of course from a business perspective they want HTML5, so logically they are not going to say anything good about it.
I'd much rather go to a full, rich site than a stupid mobile site that can't even show a slide show properly.
I doubt it, but I hoping that BB OS6.1 will release with flash, but haven't heard any leaks about that yet...

I know my BB has that issue as well, and in the earlier releases of OS6 (for the Torch) it was much worse than Apple. Unless I'm going to a heavy, heavy site now like TF or Engadget I rarely see it anymore once the page is cached. I would think with the horse power that phone has it shouldn't be a problem though.

Flash has one major redeeming quality, Hulu + networks site's that show full episodes of tv shows. Sure I could shell out the money for Hulu Plus and Netfix but I see no reason to do that when I can watch the same stuff for free using Flash.

Also it is possible to have smooth scrolling without the need for checkerboarding, after all the Galaxy S phones can manage it without a problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom