iPhone Cases/sleeves/covers. What do you like and why?

Status
Not open for further replies.

overlord20

Fully Optimized
What cases, sleeves, covers, or such do you like for your iPhone. I have had mine for roughly 9 months and have a green skull candy one as well as a clear one with built in screen protector.

Skull Candy Case
Good: It keeps the phone slim. Protrudes past the screen a few mm grippy and stylish and can absorb a drop pretty well.
bads: Can get loose and the fall off (very rare but it happens).

Built in screen protector one:
Good: Full phone coverage. Screen protector is FANTASTIC.
Bad: Dust collects in very easily.

Now for you.. i am looking for something a bit different then the ones i listed. maybe a metal case?

Currently i got one of those Ed Hardy Leather Slip Cases.

The Good :- Keeps the screen protected and clean. Especially when I am wearing my Driza-Bone jacket.
The Bad :- It takes a little time to answer the phone quickly.

I just use a clear case with one of those stick on screen protectors. Only down side i have is i need to change the screen protector about every 6 months as it starts to look abit smeared on the screen.

I have one of those Griffin hard plastic cases with a very VERY thin layer of leather on the outside. It also has a bottom detachable part so you can dock. It's treat me right...I've also heard great things about Otterbox stuff, but they get expensive and bulky depending on what kind you get.

For my screen protector, it's full screen, and a matte anti-glare. It feels weird the first few times you slide your finger across it but it grows on you.

Yup. they offer more than the bumper cases. Getting the second case listed there for free through their program :tongue:

For my iPhone 3G I used:

(The Speck links go to the main page cause it is being REALLLLLLLY slow right now.)

Incipio Silicrylic 3G/3GS - This thing was a BEAST!! Rubber skin for the phone, then a plastic shell clamps onto the back of the phone over the rubber. I dropped this thing COUNTLESS times. It finally bit the dust when I dropped the phone and tried to catch it, but instead just chucked it at the ground because I didn't get my hand around it, just kind of punched it. 2 of the plastic corners broke off, but I kept using it till the replacement arrived. This is a BEEFY case, with a relativly low profile. I have seen some cases that are sturdy, but more than DOUBLE the size of the phone. This thing was my favorite. Not positive, but I THINK this came with a screen protector also.

Speck Products - Pixelskin - I love this case also for my 3G, but it is still 2nd to the Silicrylic. This thing keeps the phone with a pretty low profile, but is pretty THICK rubber. Has survived many drops without issue, but I feel more comfortable with the rubber & plastic combo.

For my iPhone 4, I actually have the same 2 cases but updated, and another case I don't like at all. I also have a screen protector which is REALLY nice.

ZAGG - Invisible Shield - I bought this for my iPhone 4 on the first day on the recomendation of an employee at the AT&T store. Now, I paid $29.99 for this, and it is JUST a screen protector, but it is WORTH every FREAKIN penny!!! I got a few nice scratches in my old 3G phone with just a vanilla screen protector, but this is BEEFCAKE. When you apply, it, the back side looks foggy for the first 1 or 2 days, but then clears up as it settles onto the surface of the phone. The front side was a little foggy for the first day, then cleared up, and I don't notice it at all. I have the phone in my pocket with my keys, and I get some nice looking scrathes in the surface of the protector, but they smooth themselves out, and aren't even noticeable if you look for them. It comes with a lifetime replacement should you somehow manage to break it. Check out the demo video, pretty amazing.

Incipio Silicrylic i4 - While this is my favorite case out of the 3 that I have, I don't like it as much as the 3G version. I am guessing they are were going for a lower profile, which they achieved, but it doesn't feel as sturdy. I haven't had any issues with it in the past 3 months that I have had it though. My gripe is that BOTH the rubber AND the plastic are MUCH thinner than the 3G version. I wouldn't mind having it be a bit bulkier. Not positive, but I THINK this came with a screen protector also.

Speck Products - Pixelskin HD - Ok, I bought this case with the assumption that it would be pretty nice like the Pixelskin I had for my 3G, and I was sad with the result. Just like the Incipio case for the 4G, this thing was kind of weak sauce, REALLY thin rubber. I have a 2nd one being shipped to me with the free phone case program Apple had. I am sad that I didn't order the standard pixelskin for the 4, since the Pixelskin HD was the only free one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom