iPhone 4 gets rave reviews

Status
Not open for further replies.
LOL you've posted that pic three times now XD I should ban you for spam haha

Well it is relevent in 3 threads ;)

And i like the idea that apple haters see it everywhere they go :D

Nah, delete either the pic in this thread or the other iphone thread if you want - it does seem kinda stupid now i think about it, keep the one in the what ive just bought thread though.

is it just me or does that pic on that box look sorta 3d, like its popping out lol. It is sorta 6:20 am here tho, had a horrible dream which is why im up...can't sleep.

Yeh it does, good point. I can take a real 3d picture if you like though ;)

So if the iPhone 4 is getting such rave reviews, why is it i see so many topics from Gizmodo to Betanews having reports of its signal loss when you hold it in your hand?

What's wrong with iPhone 4's antenna? | Betanews
Is the new iPhone 4 antenna design causing signal issues? | When Will Apple?

Add into that the fact that there is now production changes slowing down production of the White Version. Heck if this was any other product people would be castrating the developers. But since it is Apple people are applauding and giving praise.

Now completely aside is my feelings about Apple in this post. So dont respond with some hate filled or anger filled post. I found those articles last night and want to share them and the information that they are providing as it isnt an isolated incident.

LOL. Yea, it appears the reviewers are totally spread on this (or just can't make up their minds.) A lot of the "new" features of just the iOS 4 have been available to jailbreakers since...mmmmm....2.0 came out.

5-big-blemishes-for-the-apple-iphone-4: Personal Finance News from Yahoo! Finance

I think i've took this phone to far...

I've been using what i've been taught in Geography to figure out which store would be the best to go to. Using methods such as sphere of influence, proximity to other stores, wealth of the people in the area, and other methods - and after about 30minutes of Geography based calculations i have decided the store in Market Harborough (25minutes drive from here) will be my best bet. I shall be getting there at 7:30am (Store opens at 9am) courtesy of my sister (charged me £25 :dead:). I'm not sure i'll get one though, i've heard people are going to starts queuing as early as 4am.

And the store on Regent Street - London already has 70people in line and the store don't open for another 10 hours wahhhh !
Dude, you should be a GIS Analyst ;) That's what I do for a living and it's actually really cool stuff.

lol ya, im glad im not going fo the iphone 4. Signal loss when you hold it? ya that would not fly with me lol. You think that would be something that they thoroughly tested, like how could they not notice that you lose signal like that?

Hmm it's weird. I activated a 2nd SIM and put that in, and maybe it's just coincidence but now i get full signal constantly in my bedroom (it used to be very patchy), and it only drops by 2 bars if i try to loose the signal. Like i said before, the way i hold my phone means it doesn't affect me anyway.

Interestingly, even on supposedly very weak signal, i rang my house phone for 20 minutes and it did not cut out and sounded crystal clear, Surfing the internet was even possible and txts sent and received absolutely fine.

It is a bit worrying how this supposedly missed quality control. Tbh, i don't beleive them for one second. I bet they knew, and it was to late so they sent the first load of faulty phones anyway.

It is not just apple that have slipped up lately though. HTC deviced have had there fair share of Screen problems too. Any problem the iPhone has is amplified because of the amount of people have it, if this problem was on a Blackberry you wouldn't be hearing 1/4 of the amount you have.

Mak, i am not so sure people are applauding apple :p People on MacForums and o2 forums and no doubt ATT's too are very annoyed. I'll applaud apple for the screen, the speed, and the camera, but boy have they fudged up the manufacturing of the phone. They should announce the phone in June as normal, and release it atleast 4 weeks but prefereabley 8 weeks later so they have a bit more time to sort these things out, it's poor practice if you ask me.

edit:

iPhone 4 back to 1 bar of singal, but still operates perfectly. Makes sense though as apple have now admitted there is a bug in iOS4 causing the bars to display the incorrect signal strength lower than what it is, this is not to do with the antenna issue however. I'm just surprised apple admitted there is a bug on there phones.. that's a first.

No doubt i bet there are people that are upset. But for as many people that are upset there is 5x that amount giving praise for the phone as well. Yeah i see articles all over the place today saying that people are going to pass up on the phone. But they are in the double digits. Compared to the amount of pre-sales they got, or claimed, that is nothing.

I am glad you dont have the issues they are talking about.

Im waiting for a HTC phone with a Qualcomm 1.5GHZ Dual Core cpu to appear really late this year.

No doubt i bet there are people that are upset. But for as many people that are upset there is 5x that amount giving praise for the phone as well. Yeah i see articles all over the place today saying that people are going to pass up on the phone. But they are in the double digits. Compared to the amount of pre-sales they got, or claimed, that is nothing.

I am glad you dont have the issues they are talking about.

I retested today in a place where there is full 5/5bar 3G signal. Held my hand over the bottom left and it went to 1/5 bars. I could still call and text, however. Holding it normally was fine though. So i do have the issue it just doesnt seem to totally cut out like it does for other people.

Im waiting for a HTC phone with a Qualcomm 1.5GHZ Dual Core cpu to appear really late this year.

On a similar point, It seems weird that apple phones always act faster than Android/WinMO phones with the same processor.

On a similar point, It seems weird that apple phones always act faster than Android/WinMO phones with the same processor.

Well the OS only really runs on one or two possible hardware configurations and thus would be more optimized. Android can run on everything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom