iPhone 4 - Engadget's Take-That

Status
Not open for further replies.
yes that is true but the droid is slugish :p i will admit this is a lame problem and s kinda big problem. there fix for it so far has been really really pathetic imo. all i am saying is it can happen to anyphone, and once the problem is fixed if it gets fixed itl be an awsome phone once again. i dont plan on getting one now until i know this is fixed.

The Droid received great reviews and is still the top selling Android smartphone as far as I know. It may not be quite as fast as the much newer Incredible or Evo but it still has a 550mhz Cortex A8 which isn't slow by any means and the upcoming Droid X remedies that minor shortcoming with a 1ghz A8.

Theoretically anything is possible but this isn't like the yellowing retina displays, yellow iMac displays, discolored 3GS' or overheating Macbooks which were primarily manufacturing issues. In this case they made a conscious design decision to expose the conductive antenna without bothering to consider the obvious consequences of doing so.

All you have to do is put a little piece of scotch tape over the spot on the lower left hand corner and you won't have anymore antenna problems. IMO, not a big deal but Apple haters and fandroids are going to make a huge deal about it.

Apple should redo their ads, then at the end put a dude quickly saying "To solve antenna problems please buy scotch tape and stick it to your phone"?
It IS a big deal dude. Apple sold crappy hardware. And the fix? Buy some MORE hardware from them. It's not me being an Apple hater, I'd say this about ANY company which released a product like this.

^Indeed. People who pay $200 for a smartphone don't want to do/pay even more for the thing to work. They expect it to just work.

And Apple's whole "iPhone 4: This changes everything, again." is really a joke. Aside from iOS4, which can run on the older iPhones anyways, all the iPhone gained was a bit better screen camera, little faster processor, and got a little thinner. Yeah, that really changes everything...

yes that is true but the droid is slugish :p i will admit this is a lame problem and s kinda big problem. there fix for it so far has been really really pathetic imo. all i am saying is it can happen to anyphone, and once the problem is fixed if it gets fixed itl be an awsome phone once again. i dont plan on getting one now until i know this is fixed.
Compared to the newer EVO or Incredible like Puddle mentioned, yeah, it's a bit sluggish. But if you are an "enthusiast" you can get one of the many custom ROM's out there that allow overclocking and have speeds right up there with the Nexus One. In fact, Clock for Clock my phone outperforms the N1 at 1ghz :p

applejobssued.jpg.html

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom