iPhone 4 - Engadget's Take-That

Status
Not open for further replies.
^ya, like this is their screw up, but they want the customer to pay to fix it. They already bought the **** phone, the least they should do is offer anyone who comes into a store a free case to fix it.

Apple are a business, they know there huge loyal following will be annoyed at them, but they also know they would prefer to buy the bumper case than get a different phone.

If they know they will sell them, they won't give them away for free (as much as it sucks :very_angry: )

^ You mean people would rather buy the case than change the way they hold the phone. You don't have to go buy a new phone, you just have to "hold it different", that's what Apple knows people will do instead of buying a new phone.

... this problem could potentially occur with a droid phone to droid is an os and many people forget this. if samsung made a phone with a similar antenna design it could just as easily happen the os has not one thing to do with it.

No, Droid is a phone, Android is the OS ;)

Supposedly a software fix will be released monday, as the problem is software related and to do with the phone choosing the best network and it gets screwed up by crazy signal noise ratios when you bridge the split antenna when you hold the phone, or something along them lines.

... this problem could potentially occur with a droid phone to droid is an os and many people forget this. if samsung made a phone with a similar antenna design it could just as easily happen the os has not one thing to do with it.

But this problem didn't happen with the Droid, it happened with the iPhone. And as Yami said Droid is a specific smartphone manufactured by Motorola that runs the Android os.

But this problem didn't happen with the Droid, it happened with the iPhone. And as Yami said Droid is a specific smartphone manufactured by Motorola that runs the Android os.

yes that is true but the droid is slugish :p i will admit this is a lame problem and s kinda big problem. there fix for it so far has been really really pathetic imo. all i am saying is it can happen to anyphone, and once the problem is fixed if it gets fixed itl be an awsome phone once again. i dont plan on getting one now until i know this is fixed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom