iPhone 3G vs. iPhone 3G S

Status
Not open for further replies.

Osiris

Golden Master
iPhone 3G vs. iPhone 3G S

If you want to know what the difference between the new iPhone 3GS and the iPhone 3G (aside from the fact one is $99 the other starts at $199) hit this link for all the info.

The very first thing we want to know about this newfangled iPhone 3G S is exactly what we're getting for our extra Benjamin (or two, depending on the model you spring for). We don't have all the answers just yet -- Apple's being coy about processor specs on the 3G S, for example -- but here's what we do know so far.

I haven't been paying attention, didn't realize the current iPhone dropped in price so much.

Now I'll be torn between the new and the old...

EDIT: And hey, it does MMS and cut/copy/paste! AMAZING!

Yea, they dropped prices of the 8 GB 3G today to $100. The 3G S should be out next Friday. The copy paste and MMS features are not exclusive to 3G S but rather part of the 3.0 firmware which will also be available for older gen iPhones. That's my understanding at least.

I will say the 3G S has some nifty new features. It's awesome that the GPS is getting an overhaul, not to mention the compass.

I'm really interested in the camera myself, 3mp with selective focus? That wins for me seeing as I don't have a good digital camera yet, haha.

Wait so the entire AT&T network doesn't support multi-media messages? That sucks! I send pictures and videos all the time from my phone.

AT&T's network not MMS capable? Every time you send an MMS on the AT&T network, it uses either media net or the PDA internet to send it. The iPhone should have been set up to do that from the start, since every phone that had a camera before it could send one, so I can't understand how AT&T doesn't support it.

The only concern I have with MMS is generally, if you send a 2mp picture to say, a phone with a VGA camera, sometimes you won't recieve it because it can't handle the resolution.

While I like the phone a lot, I'm lol'ing pretty hard at the serious business feel to features that have been around forever.

"MMS. This is an amazing feature never before seen. Serious business."

"Tethering, it's never been done before."

"The best thing about this camera, it also captures Video. OH MY GOD."

"VOICE CONTROL. NEVER BEFORE DONE. EVER."

Paraphrasing of course. But you get my gist.

AT&T has MMS, just not for the iPhone. Whenever an MMS is sent you have to log into this bogus website to view the pic/vid. It's honestly retarded.

There are definitely some issues with the iPhone, but I have to say it's by far the best smartphone I've used or seen from friends or collegues. It's already become a platform instead of just a toy and soon, once they get these "new features" ironed out it will be even better. I don't know if it's the complexity of the OS or just Apple being the wankers they've always been, but they have certainly held back on quite a few things.

Actually, the MMS type thing you're talking about is what AT&T did with non camera phones. If someone sent a picture to your phone and it dosen't have a camera, it would give you that website thing. It's really not so much of a problem on AT&T's end, as it is on the iPhone end. If it was an AT&T thing, the internet itself wouldn't work on the AT&T network.

at&t actually has nothing wrong with their MMS. I currently work for at&t as a representative in what the call Business Care, and know this as a fact...for I deal with it every day lol. And I certainly cant wait for this 3gs junk to get over with....for it makes TONS of calls a day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom