How small can a phone be?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has no one seen the bluetooth units that fit INSIDE the ear like a hearing aid?, barely visible, I don't know if it's reached production yet though, so in all reality, you won't see anything unless you go up to the person and look in their ear canal. Hmmm... was it Popular Science I saw that at? Dang I wish I had a link...

I suppose you've got to think about the functionality of the phone itself. I mean you can make a phone that is tiny (we're talking about a cm tall and wide) but you wouldn't be able to fit the buttons or screen on it so it would have to be made bigger. I suppose the smallest they would get is about the size of the Nokia 8210

There are tiny listening devices used by the millitery an intelligence agency's but they are limited by range an functionality, an also battery life. You would have to find a size that has would alow for a large enough antenna to make the signal viable, have a lager enough battery and contain a pcb able to support all of the internal features like flash chips, microphone speaker ect.

Maybe something the size of a womans lipstick if you go for a coiled antenna (the coil allows for maximum lengh to space ratio) but the smaler the device you will always get lower signal quality on your microphone an speaker.

Has no one seen the bluetooth units that fit INSIDE the ear like a hearing aid?, barely visible, I don't know if it's reached production yet though, so in all reality, you won't see anything unless you go up to the person and look in their ear canal. Hmmm... was it Popular Science I saw that at? Dang I wish I had a link...

Um, can I help you? Or are you just messing with me.

I was just suprised when I got an email saying that someone posted in this thread, and it was MY post, but it was not me. Yay for some spammer or noob pulling up old threads randomly, lol.

What is the point exactly for copying and pasting my reply at the top of the page and reposting it, it hurts my brain...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom