How To Hijack 'Every iPhone In The World'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Osiris

Golden Master
How To Hijack 'Every iPhone In The World'

Researchers plan on revealing details of an iPhone bug later today that allows hacker to take total control of your phone as well as every phone in your contact list. According to the researchers, Apple was notified more than a month ago of the flaw and, at this point, has done nothing to fix it.

Using a flaw they've found in the iPhone's handling of text messages, the researchers say they'll demonstrate how to send a series of mostly invisible SMS bursts that can give a hacker complete power over any of the smart phone's functions. That includes dialing the phone, visiting Web sites, turning on the device's camera and microphone and, most importantly, sending more text messages to further propagate a mass-gadget hijacking.

Paging Anti-sec...:rolleyes:

I can imagine the hostile takeover of iPhones now. That image will be stuck on everyone's iPhone, which means inevitably, it will be burned in people's minds because they can't tear their eyes away from their iPhone for a friggin' second.

Ah apples response to responsible disclosure is just awesome, I look forward to hearing the talk from blackhat about this.

I've heard about this. If im vaguely right..you send loads of SMS messages to the iPhone and then the user only sees one of those texts.. with a single character.. I think its a square...then once the victims iPhone has been hijacked the process can be repeated because the hijacker will be able to send SMS messages from the phone its got control over.

Heh turning on the mic. Sounds like the thing in the dark night where they used the cell phones in gotham to find the joker.

In real news......
Apple deserves this. They were notified and like all other things that don't jive with their view of 100% safe Apple products they just bury it. If every iFail in the world is hijacked then so be it.

I have been looking into this since I read it, it looks like you send some kind of special arraignment of symbols (I have read that it's 5) and it gives you access to the phone's OS but then you need to send a text message to phone with some terminal code in it and then it's pwned. It's like the OSX email exploit that was around two years ago if i find any more info i will post it up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom