How to get photos from old phones?

big_whoop

Beta member
I have two old phones with quite valuable photographs on them. In neither case were the photos saved to an SD card, just to the internal memory. The screens broke on both of them so viewing the photos from the phones is impossible.

What I'm wondering is if there is any way to transfer them from the phone to my pc? Is there some form of service that will do this for me? Can I do it myself?

Ty

What brand/model phone are they? For some phones, you can hook them up to your PC and take the photos off that way (BitPim is one I used to use for my LG phones).

Failing that, you could always go to a cell service store and see if they have a machine to transfer stuff off of the phones. I worked at a place in high school, and we had one that would hook up to different phones and could transfer photos / music / contacts / etc. onto either another phone or to an external device such as SD Card or flash drive.

The two models are:
Samsung SCH-U450
Samsung SPH-M300

They both use the same charger and it seems to me that the adapter has more than enough 'prongs' than is necessary to just charge the things so if I buy one with a USB, instead of an outlet adapter will it be just as easy as plugging it into my PC?

Yes, you'd need a USB cable with the proper Samsung end (not sure if those models use MicroUSB, or if those ones were still using the proprietary Samsung connector).

BitPim

According to this, the M300 is officially supported by BitPim transfers, as is the 470. The 450 isn't specifically stated, but if it's close enough to the 470 software wise it should probably work as well.

Thanks guys! I'll check my local computer supplies store for a cable, perhaps even order online if I must and if all else fails I'll go into suppliers store.

If I succeed I'll let you know!

You'll most likely have to find one online; since they're old phones and proprietary connectors, most stores won't have them.

Good luck.

If your old phone still powers up, there should still be a way to get them off. Otherwise i dont think you have much of a chance retrieving the photos

If your old phone still powers up, there should still be a way to get them off. Otherwise i dont think you have much of a chance retrieving the photos

I've already mentioned 2 ways to get the photos off if the phone powers up..

Back
Top Bottom