How do you like your IPhone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr. LL

In Runtime
I recently picked up an IPhone and I really like it a lot. I have until about Dec. 15th to cancel it if I want without paying the contract fee. I like it a lot but I am still trying to determine if it is worth an extra $30 a month.

For those of you that have had one for a while do you think it is worth $30 a month more for the apps and internet access?

I really do love mine, but it has both its ups and downs...

I like that I can check my email where/whenever, access internet with GREAT speed. It has lots of nifty, easy to use apps as well. Calendar is GREAT, Maps is GREAT (would be nice if they had TALKING turn by turn directions). That's just the stuff included.

I also got quite a few GREAT sports apps, like "Sportacular", "SportsTap", "MLB.com At Bat". Nice music apps for streaming internet radio like "Pandora", "IHeartRadio", and "Flycast".

On the downside..... still can't take video (jail-broken ones can), can't text pics & video, can't copy & paste, sometimes it gets flakey and you have to shut it off for a min, and turn it back on... It's a love/hate thing. I really do love it though.

I really do love mine, but it has both its ups and downs...

I like that I can check my email where/whenever, access internet with GREAT speed. It has lots of nifty, easy to use apps as well. Calendar is GREAT, Maps is GREAT (would be nice if they had TALKING turn by turn directions). That's just the stuff included.

I also got quite a few GREAT sports apps, like "Sportacular", "SportsTap", "MLB.com At Bat". Nice music apps for streaming internet radio like "Pandora", "IHeartRadio", and "Flycast".

On the downside..... still can't take video (jail-broken ones can), can't text pics & video, can't copy & paste, sometimes it gets flakey and you have to shut it off for a min, and turn it back on... It's a love/hate thing. I really do love it though.

How to the radio apps work? Do you pay a monthly fee, can it pick up local FM stations? Thanks.

I love mine too. There are tons of free applications to use with it like ED stated. Same cons as ED though. I dont care about video... but the iPhone really does need a copy/paste function. As far as jail-breaking .. bah, I personally dont need to, but you may for whatever reason.

There are free radio apps. Pandora and Flycast are the ones I use. For a list of stations, just go to their website.

I love my Storm better :D

If you have nothing useful to contribute, don't bother posting at all....

As far as the radio apps go, no they are no FM based, they are IP based, over the internet. They work with Wi-Fi, Edge, or 3G. If you do some digging on your favorite radio stations websites, you will find that some of them stream live & free over the internet, and you might be able to get them working with your iPhone.

I love my iphone. I use it the most for checking emails and surfing the web on the go. Only problem I have with it is texting. The lack of MMS frustrates me and sometimes I write a text and it goes to two people which can cause confusion and some drama hah.

Overall I love it. Great phone that fits my lifestyle.

Cool thats good to know. Some of my local stations have live streaming so I'll see if I can get it through those radio apps.

What exactly does jail breaking mean? I always thought it meant you unlocked it so you could use a different carrier.

I loved how easy an iphone is to use, however I didn't like the lack of freedom on the iphone, i switched to an HTC Touch PRO and i never looked back, granted its windows mobile, but the videos on youtube look so much better, and I like how i can install pretty much anything i want, edit the registry however i feel like it, and etc.

I'm addicted to my iphone! I had it for two weeks before I learned about jailbreak. Did that and now it's even better! So addicting to mess with. Plus the app store has some pretty cool apps. The most recent app I bought was Touch Grind. Very cool game that reminds me of the finger skate boards I messed with back in the day.

jailbreaking does really change a lot in iphone it makes you do a lot more useful things in iphone , well like the people said once you used an iphone you dont want to use another phone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom