gentouch78 tablet question (warning noob question)

Status
Not open for further replies.

tomc102968

In Runtime
his is a descricption of it from a catalog ( i know paying 2x whats its worth but cash strap and have credit here)
Get the newest thing in portable computing. Bigger than a smartphone but smaller and more portable than a laptop, the GenTouch78 tablet is the perfect size to surf, message, read books, watch videos and more. It features: 7" LCD screen for vivid detail. Android 2.1 OS operating system, one of the most popular operating systems for mobile devices. YouTube video viewing. 2 GB internal memory. Documents to Go software for e-mail, and creating and editing spreadsheets and word-processing documents. Easy stylus (included) or fingernail touchscreen. 1 mini USB port to connect devices like an MP3 player, standard keyboard or webcam, and a jack for headphones (not included). Micro SD memory card slot for uploading photos, music or movies to the tablet (card not included). Access to over 2,000 apps for everything from games, personal finance, genealogy, education, travel and work. Three easy-scroll screens for organizing all your apps. Buttons for "back," "home," "quick search" and "menu" make it easy to navigate. Built-in speaker and WiFi capability. Trifold leather carrying case that also serves as an easel stand. Comes with a USB cable and AC adaptor/charger. Uses a rechargeable battery (included). 7 1/4" w x 4 1/2" h x 1/2" d.

My questions is what do i need to be weary of? Its for my 15yr old son . He wants to watch movies play songs maybe facebook?
Thanks
Tom c

From what I have heard the build quality is fairly poor and the software is a bit thrown together. Since it was the first Android tablet to hit retail in the US a lot of people had started modding it but the excitement died down pretty quickly and many people gave up on it.

If you want a cheap tablet you would have better luck with the Archos 43,70, or 101 or if you are willing to spend the money a Galaxy Tab or iPad.

thanks puddle jumper any idea how i can learn more on androids system?

xda-developers

If you want to know something about Android or Android devices odds are it's on XDA somewhere. The have specific sections for many of the popular android devices but the general android sections have plenty of info on the os itself. You could also download the Android SDK which allows you to run a virtual Android device on your pc so you can play with the os without having to go out and buy anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom