freeze up

XWrench3

Daemon Poster
i bought my daughter an Android powered tablet for Christmas. she was grounded from it for leaving it lay on the floor for 2 weeks. then again for another week for taking it into the bathroom while she took a shower. so it really does not have much time on it. but now it is starting to randomly freeze up while she is using it. the first few times i just powered it down, and restarted it. but it keeps doing that. so i am thinking there may be something going on. i installed avast on it tonight, let it update, and it did a scan. it came up with nothing. this is a first for me (dealing with anything Android), so what can make Android products freeze? i did check to make sure she had not somehow loaded it full to the gills with photos or apps. it is only about 1/4 full. i am assuming that the o.s. is probably most of that. so that should not be an issue. i can post any specs needed. i just do not want to cause more problems by repeatedly powering it down.

All that humidity from taking a shower with it can't be good for it. She could have filled up all the memory on it too, take out all the programs not necessary to run it and see how that runs

If it's a cheap Android tablet, it could be using cheap/low quality flash memory. I know my Nexus 7 (2012) was affected by this...and running Lagfix from the Play Store helped TONS (though it does require your tablet to be rooted). Then I converted it from EXT4 to use an F2FS ROM..and F2FS filesystem helped tons as well.

carnageX, i understood everything until....
(though it does require your tablet to be rooted). Then I converted it from EXT4 to use an F2FS ROM..and F2FS filesystem helped tons as well.
i have no idea what rooted means, or how to tell, or do it. and as far as converting something, well, thats so far over my head i didnt even feel the breeze when it went by. lol

carnageX, i understood everything until.... i have no idea what rooted means, or how to tell, or do it. and as far as converting something, well, thats so far over my head i didnt even feel the breeze when it went by. lol

Sorry :p.

I customize all of my Android devices (as well as my wife's).

Rooting basically means giving "Admin" access on your device - Android is Linux based, so "root" = the Admin user with the most privileges. It's also known as having "Super User" access.

As for converting the file system...that's something that's device specific and even ROM specific. A custom ROM is a customized/modified version of Android.

Basically what I'm getting at...is with cheaper devices, they're cheap for a reason - they use low quality parts to keep costs down. Not knowing what brand/model of tablet you have, this is only an assumption.

Back
Top Bottom