Flash player for android tablet

Status
Not open for further replies.

ATechIdiot

Solid State Member
I bought a Sungale Cyberus 10.1" tablet. It has 2 GB built in memory and a micro-slot for an extra 32 GB. OS is just listed as "Android."

I got it for my daughter assuming she would be satisfied playing android market app games, but she wants to go to a website which requires a flash player.

I have searched, but can find no information on how to get either Adobe flash player or any other sort of flash player installed on this tablet.

Any ideas?

Have you tried searching the Market for Flash player? What version of Android is it running, 3.0?

I don't think I'm running Android 2.2 - the reason I say that is that NOTHING downloads. I'm able to download Flash Player 9. I'll see if that works. Thanks all for the help.

According to the Device Specs it is running Android 2.2 by default. Open up settings from there scroll to the bottom and tap on About Device. There it should tell you the version of Android it is running.

I'm sorry - So I opened about device and I see this: Model number: Cyberus Tablet; Firmware version: Cyberus 3.5; Baseband version SimulatedCommands; Kernel version 2.6.29 I don't see anything about OS

I don't think I'm running Android 2.2 - the reason I say that is that NOTHING downloads. I'm able to download Flash Player 9. I'll see if that works. Thanks all for the help.

What do you mean "nothing downloads"?

And it should be under Settings > About Phone > Software information > Android Version.

Again all the technical specifications from the manufacturer say that this device runs Android 2.2 by default. There can be no way unless you bought it from FleaBay used or from other source that wasnt a well known seller that this device could possibly have anything but Android 2.2 on it. It is as simple as that. It is like buying a PC that says it comes with Windows 7 Home Premium. It will come with that OS unless you bought it 2nd hand from someone else who installed something else on it. The manufacturer specifications are what they are.

If the thing doesnt download anything at all, that is a completely different issue than the whole "Which version of Android".

Again all the technical specifications from the manufacturer say that this device runs Android 2.2 by default. There can be no way unless you bought it from FleaBay used or from other source that wasnt a well known seller that this device could possibly have anything but Android 2.2 on it. It is as simple as that. It is like buying a PC that says it comes with Windows 7 Home Premium. It will come with that OS unless you bought it 2nd hand from someone else who installed something else on it. The manufacturer specifications are what they are.

If the thing doesnt download anything at all, that is a completely different issue than the whole "Which version of Android".

Not sure if addressing me or OP...lol.

I know there's a whole different issue if it's not downloading, that's why I asked him to clarify.

As for the OS version, I was giving him more specific instructions where it may be located if he wasn't looking in the right spot (maybe he missed a menu or not looking at the right section).

Sorry forgot to quote the OP post before yours with my remarks. ;)

It wasnt directed at you. I know you know this info.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom