Is this ethical to any of you? @ prepaid phones

Status
Not open for further replies.
I currently have a tracfone LG slider and I'd love to have a smartphone but the problem is the coverage sucks for any of the prepaid smartphones in my area the only once that have strong coverage are verizon prepaid and att prepaid and verizon prepaid has micromanaging crap and so does att. I asked both and they will not activate smartphones that are unlocked. My mom has a samsung touch screened semi smart phone and they won't activate it.

I know straightalk has a good pla but they only have dated symbian phones and no droids for my area. (i mostly travel beween columbus, oh, cambridge oh various parts of WV, sometimes PA and occiasionally KY)

I want a prepaid droid that wont cost me more then 40 a month since I mostly just want data and very little voice minutes. I mostly want a web device on the go that isnt a bulky netbook. I only need liek 120min a month voice and at least a few hundred megs a month. just enough to check some sites and browse unrestricted.

my tracfone won't let you go to certain sites. I want a full HTML browser.

I currently have a tracfone LG slider and I'd love to have a smartphone but the problem is the coverage sucks for any of the prepaid smartphones in my area the only once that have strong coverage are verizon prepaid and att prepaid and verizon prepaid has micromanaging crap and so does att. I asked both and they will not activate smartphones that are unlocked. My mom has a samsung touch screened semi smart phone and they won't activate it.

I know straightalk has a good pla but they only have dated symbian phones and no droids for my area. (i mostly travel beween columbus, oh, cambridge oh various parts of WV, sometimes PA and occiasionally KY)

I want a prepaid droid that wont cost me more then 40 a month since I mostly just want data and very little voice minutes. I mostly want a web device on the go that isnt a bulky netbook. I only need liek 120min a month voice and at least a few hundred megs a month. just enough to check some sites and browse unrestricted.

my tracfone won't let you go to certain sites. I want a full HTML browser.

Check out Page Plus. They use Verizon's network and from what I have heard they are willing to activate used Verizon smartphones so you could pick up something like a Droid or Droid Incredible from Ebay and use it on their service.

Thanks and the coverage is the same as my tracfone has. ;) I'll see if they will activate a phone i buy off newegg or something....

OK, I think I convinced my family (who all use Virgin) to switch to Boost. Only thing is, my mom says the phones are too expensive. She can get a simple one for as low as $30. She doesn't need all that crap that the Soyo Juno provides. I'll just wait out my 90 day on last my Virgin card, and I'm out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom