Does anyone still use a PDA?

Do you use a PDA?

• Yes, I use a PDA (WM/Palm/etc, not smartphone)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes, I use a Smartphone (PDA with phone capability)

• Yes, I use an iPod Touch

• Yes, I use an iPhone

• No!

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

CalcProgrammer1

Fully Optimized
I'm just wondering, does anyone still use a PDA (not a smartphone/PDA-phone, just a plain old PDA). I use my Axim X50v every day and still keep it up to date with the latest software, but it seems everyone else has gone on to smartphones (personally, I despise whatever company wants to give me pathetic, slow Internet while gouging the prices up to ridiculous levels and capping bandwidth, limiting Internet media).

I've also put iPod Touch and iPhone on because technically the iTouch is a PDA and the iPhone is a smartphone, but I don't count those as PDA's (they're marketed as MP3 players, back 2 years ago your average non-nerdy teenager wouldn't have a PDA, but now everyone wants an iTouch).

I just gave my friend money to get me a iPod Touch for that purpose exactly , hope he finds one. My dad uses a PDA he has a Palm Pilot.

I wanted to get a pda but there isn't much of a selection thanks to smartphones. I have decided a netbook is a better value.

I used a Palm PDA until this summer, then I got an IPhone. Which I had to use both for a short while b/c iphones organizational tasks were crap to say the least. You could schedule appointments in the calendar and that was about it(and you couldn't set all the options for the appointment like in outlook).

Once they opened up the iphone to programs (legally, they've had jail break for a while) I was able to ditch the PDA and solely use the iphone (ability to download tasks and organizational tools).

Only reason i didn't do the smartphones is because of their service prices.

Well i dont know if you consider what i have a PDA. It is technically considered a Internet Tablet.

Nokia Nseries N800

Noklia N800. It is used for jsut about everything. Wife uses it at work for things there. I use it at home for portable reading of ebooks since i cant be at my PC and this allows me to take it around the house.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom