Does anyone have any experience in fixing psp's?

jakt383

Beta member
A month or so I discovered my PSP was broken after leaving it alone for about a year. It wouldn't turn on and when I plugged it in to charge still nothing happened other than the orange light coming on.

I decided to fix it by using the pandora battery kit which worked slightly. What was apparently supposed to happen was an option screen would come up and you would pick the top one; this didn't happen it just turned on and went back to normal for about an hour.

Now it won't turn on even after leaving it on charge for a full day, except from a fifteen minute period when it turned on and off. I still have the pandora battery and magic memory stick in but I have tried a combination of my original memory stick, magic memory stick, original battery and pandora battery.

I'm afraid my PSP may be completely broken but does anyone else know what could be wrong.

I would be very grateful for any help because I've had this PSP for a long time and I love it.

Also it's a PSP 1000.

I don't have experience with sony, but I have fixed a few Nintendo hand helds. Usually when they are left unused for a period of time longer than 6 months the battery can have issues. I would simply buy a replacement battery and try that instead of the pandora battery as that is to mod firmware. Sometimes I can get old Lithium rechargeable batteries to "wake up" and start working again by repeatedly charging them until they respond, but you have to watch to be sure that they do not get too hot.

Back
Top Bottom