• I bought an iPhone 5S

Votes: 2 20.0%
  • I bought an iPhone 5C

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I did not buy an iPhone

Votes: 8 80.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
This HTC One is a seriously well constructed phone.. Even if I do miss the removable battery of my old GNex.

and with Cyanogenmod (or, what I'm using right now, the GPe ROM), it works very, very well ;)

The One isn't unlockable anymore at the moment; HTCDev took that functionality away from their site after a couple days of release.

Wait... really?
Dang. I bought the unlocked version so I really didn't have to worry about any of that :tongue:

Wait... really?
Dang. I bought the unlocked version so I really didn't have to worry about any of that :tongue:

Yeah; the Verizon HTC One isn't unlockable through HTCDev anymore.

I assumed Yevrag is on VZW, since he was considering getting a DNA.

Currently, the only way to bootloader unlock/S-Off a VZW HTC One is to use a Java card (a microSD card that has a limited amount of unlock/S-Off transactions), and those are super expensive. A guy on XDA somehow bought one (not sure from where) and is unlocking/S-Off'ing people for like $5 a pop to make up his money he spent. He's only wanting dev's to contact him mainly so that possibly somebody can figure out an exploit to get the bootloader unlocked/S-Off the device without the need of HTCDev or the JavaCard.

It isn't too hard to understand. If you take the effort to optimize something, it will outperform something with the same or higher specs.
Cars, for instance....

A Dodge Challenger SXT has a 3.6l V6 with 305 Horsepower EPA 27mpg
A Ford Mustang has a 3.7l V6 with 305 Horsepower EPA 31mpg

Challenger: 0-60 in 6.6 seconds 1/4 mile in 14.7 seconds 60-0 127ft
Mustang: 0-60 in 5.1 seconds 1/4 mile in 13.7 seconds 60-0 110ft

Rather than develop a true performance car, Dodge dropped a powerful engine into an existing platform, put two doors on it and called it good. They're able to sell it against the Mustang because it has similar specs, regardless of how it performs.

Ford, on the other hand, developed a new engine specifically for the Mustang while further optimizing the drivetrain and other parts of the car to maximize performance without losing efficiency.

Another comparison would be a Cadillac Escalade Hybrid vs a Toyota Prius.
Same specs, but the Prius is obviously optimized for its purpose.

Back
Top Bottom