Decent but cheap tablet?

Play Music is the music app linked to your Google account. It streams things from their cloud servers. You can upload up to 20,000 of your own songs for free onto it, which is nice. However this requires you to be connected to the internet.

If you want to just put music on it locally (on the storage), just plug it into your computer with the USB cable, open up 'Computer' and it should show your Nexus 7 as a media storage device. Then you can put your music wherever (I recommend the Music folder :p), and then open up a media player. I think Play Music can play local content as well - otherwise, there's tons of apps you can search for that will play music in the Play Store.

Play Music is the music app linked to your Google account. It streams things from their cloud servers. You can upload up to 20,000 of your own songs for free onto it, which is nice. However this requires you to be connected to the internet.

If you want to just put music on it locally (on the storage), just plug it into your computer with the USB cable, open up 'Computer' and it should show your Nexus 7 as a media storage device. Then you can put your music wherever (I recommend the Music folder :p), and then open up a media player. I think Play Music can play local content as well - otherwise, there's tons of apps you can search for that will play music in the Play Store.

Thanks! works perfect hehe! Now... i need to find an app to watch films, something like netflix but free (in the uk) Do you know of any apps that has films on i can watch for free?

*EDIT* Never mind, i found one haha! :) What els can this amazing little thing can do? :O

Last edited:
If you want to watch movies you copied onto your Nexus 7, then I recommend getting MX Player as it has pretty good support for different codecs.

Back
Top Bottom