Contact Management for Passport or Anything but iPhone

cwlondon

Beta member
I like the Blackberry Passsport's design and need a smart phone for only 2 things: making a good phone call and sending emails / texts.

No games, no apps, no social networking etc.

I am not an Apple person, I don't like Outlook, and need to create a commingled universe of personal and professional contact in one place, preferably encrypted and backed up to the cloud.

Then, from the device, I need to "grab" any contact - whether personal or professional - but then send from various servers whether a) personal 1 ( private) b) personal 2 (less private) b) company 1 c) company 2 etc.

However for privacy, I don't want all these contact details living on any server other than my own.

Finally for extra credit - in an ideal world, I could also search by key words across contacts, calendar and/or to do list so that before a business trip to say, Chicago, I could search for "Chicago" and immediately see meetings in the future, meetings in the past, family, friends and business contacts in Chicago, restaurants, hotels etc I have filed for Chicago.

Maybe its just me, but I find Outlook awkward and would like a more business oriented and secure solution than Apple.

I hope some of you might relate to this puzzle, welcome your suggestions and thank you.

Back
Top Bottom