Compare Different Android Browsers

Status
Not open for further replies.

office politics

It's all just 1s and 0s
Lately Ive been thinking my Android browser was a bit sluggish. The slowness is most likely caused by a slow data connection, but i wanted to confirm. I searched the net and read a article that reported the best benchmarks with Skyfire. Also I walked away thinking Opera Mini proxies their data some how and this maybe useful for the Youtube videos that are not optimised for mobile. Skyfire did ok for bit, but now its prompting me to buy the full version whenever i visit a page with a video on it. Annoying. Also if i load Skyfire in landscape tilt, i usually have to click off the shortcut bar they add to the bottom on each page i visit. A different article mentioned Dolphin as a good browser but i havent tried. For now, I think im going back to the default Android browser.

There is also xScope,, Angel,, Miren,, Galapagos,, Firefox,, Maxthon as well as many others. I found well over 2,000 hits last time I checked the Android Market. So not sure if there is a question in there somewhere or not. But there is no comparison for all browsers out there and just like the Browsers on a PC, the ones in use on Android are all personal preference. I have been using Miren for a while now and like it. I also used Dolphin and DolphinHD. They were alright. I used Firefox, Maxthon for a short period of time as well as Opera Mini and Opera Mobile. But no way have I tried all of them to give a complete comparison and I highly doubt anyone has.

To my knowledge Opera Mobile is the only third party browser for android that makes use of gpu acceleration so it will generally be the smoothest one when zooming or scrolling. This isn't as big of a deal if you have one of the Samsung phones that feature hardware acceleration in the stock browser (Galaxy S2 and Galaxy S running 2.2.1 or newer) but for most other phones it will be a drastic change compared to stock.

Didn't really like Opera mobile that much. I used it for quite a while, then switched to Dolphin. I like it fairly well so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom